Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering I live in FLORIDA. State Motto: WE HAVE THE STRAIGHTEST ROADS IN ALL THE LAND. Good on/off ramps though. So what do you guys think? Im working on getting to the edges...

fernando

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
Work HARDER!!! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most of the ramps have those expansion joints that bump the bike. not very confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Lots to go still! I love ramping too, fun stuff for sure! :D

Check out my vid here, there's some good ramping on-board shots in it. You can also see my buddy behind me draggin' his knee too.

I like to accellerate once into the ramp and keep accellerating and adjusting my lean angle to compensate for the added speed until I'm draggin' the knee. Once the knee is down, I'm so much more confident on how much further I can go and then my speed will pick up even more. No chicken strips whatsoever. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I went to Laconia for bike week this year and I saw a brand-new GSXR 1K with chicken-strips at least 50% b***** than those. This guy also had a chrome beanie helmet and another full face helmet on his bike and he wasn't wearing either of them. Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Don't worry about getting rid of those strips. The more you think about it, the harder it is to accomplish. I found that when I just go out to have fun and concentrate on getting through the turn, then that's when my strips disappear.

·
Registered
765 Posts
:nuts Dude...you must have a VERY bad problem with your short-term memory...you just posted the same thing twice! :twofinger

Signup for a track day if you want to get rid of the 'chicken stripes', dont push yourself on the road. There are too many penalties to riding irresponsibly on public roads.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Baldman said:
:nuts Dude...you must have a VERY bad problem with your short-term memory...you just posted the same thing twice! :twofinger

Signup for a track day if you want to get rid of the 'chicken stripes', dont push yourself on the road. There are too many penalties to riding irresponsibly on public roads.

Haha. Yea, I'm a little slow and forget things like it's my job. My mommy says that I would forget my head if it wasn't attached. This time it was my POS computer that I tend to get impatient with... honest.

·
Registered
200 Posts
911_abuser said:
considering I live in FLORIDA. State Motto: WE HAVE THE STRAIGHTEST ROADS IN ALL THE LAND. Good on/off ramps though. So what do you guys think? Im working on getting to the edges...

fernando

This is a really sad story. This guy I met has had an 01 600 since it was new, he can stunt it and that's it. We were going on a corner at 60mph and I was barely leaning my bike and he was having trouble. When we got to the stoplight he said "that's one thing I can't do.." "what?" "corner well.".

I wonder why people that have had their bikes for 4x longer than I have can't corner at all and I'm getting my knee down at the track and I've even done it on the street before.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
911_abuser said:

fernando
How are you going to get to the left edge only using freeway ramps? :lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
RayOSV said:
How are you going to get to the left edge only using freeway ramps? :lol
Go to Texas or Atlanta, GA - they have 'off-ramps' in the left lane of a sub-divided (4-lane) interstate.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
go to a big parking lot and do circles.....

·
Banned
10 Posts
Here's a grand idea. Stop posing like 90% of the people on these boards and learn to enjoy riding for what it is. If you are one of these people that has 'chicken strips' on the mind (not just your own but other people's as well) then you are just another lamer whom I wouldn't want to ride with.

Besides... who the fuck would give a rats ass about "chicken strips" on a street bike? Bunch of fucking morons.

That must be why I laugh my ass off at the people who crash going around a turn and blame it on a patch of sand, gravel, or other misc road debris (if they are even still alive). Idiots riding around on the street like it is a debris-free track.... yeah, smart.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
In Florida they really shouldnt be called chicken strips, cause here there isnt anywhere to really scrub them off.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont really care so much about the chicken strips as much as id like to see the tire wear evenly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts