Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going 60! I mean first week into riding a motorcycle and BAM! Metal shaving noises and locking the rear wheel...I almost fell off...but thank the Lord niether I nor the bike recieved a scratch! Well, there were the chain-snapping-swinging-around-and-getting-wrapped-around-the-rear-"axle" scratches to the mechanics....Next paycheck is sacrificed COMPLETELY to the Two Wheeled Gods (a religion I may convert to after all) :banana <---high in potassium and that helps muscles work better!!!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
rivet or clip style master link? where did it break at?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry bout the expense, but glad your ok! Did your wheel totally lock up? Had to been a bit scary, I imagine. Funny thing, though, i've been looking online for replacement chain and sprockets for the last couple hours, wasn't sure if I was going to get it right away, or wait a while. After reading this I thinks I should be getting a new one.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are ok, it sounds like it could have been alot worse than a broken chain.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn Paul, I've had the same experience. I would suggest getting it fixed ASAP so we can ride again.

Make sure you join SanAntonioRiders.net as well!

I don't know where else you've posted, so....

:twofinger :twofinger

(traditional welcome)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
1st week riding, and already busting the speed limit.........bad start.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
RACER X said:

AAAHHHH, But get away with it he did not...his chain broke...let that be a lesson to the young squidly, yes???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gee what a great welcome from the safety Nazis.......the guy saves his bike from a potential crash due to a mechanical failure and all he gets is crap about speeding and called a squid. What a great forum this is. I'm starting to wonder why I waste my time here.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Edawg636 said:
Gee what a great welcome from the safety Nazis.......the guy saves his bike from a potential crash due to a mechanical failure and all he gets is crap about speeding and called a squid. What a great forum this is. I'm starting to wonder why I waste my time here.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm starting to spend more time on kawi forums. I dont know exactly what has happened, but there is too much useless information and snide commentary on this board these days.

I will say this though: it's a good idea to check your chain slack every couple of weeks and inspect the sprockets for wear. It takes 5 minutes and you can detect a problem before something goes wrong.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Edawg636 said:
:cry

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
RACER X said:
what a dickhead comment to make :pisson ....i've always ignored your "look at me, I'm the safest rider in the world" :eek:nfloor commentary...but thats just a dumbass thing to say.

What Racer....he wasn't riding a 600 so you needed to interject your opinion on something??

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
RACER X said:

you would truly be a better representative of MSF if you didn't make comments like these

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Had you adjusted it recently? Was is old and worn? Over-tightening is a common noob mistake.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Edawg636 said:

this board has become quite useless in general.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Raven R1 said:
you would truly be a better representative of MSF if you didn't make comments like these
glad i don;t give a shit about your opinion either, funny we have another thread by twinsen, a long time rider, getting poped for the FIRST , and here's a new rider 1 week old riding over the speed limit, who coulda gotten popped in the 1st week of riding. irregardless of the bike, he needs alot more basic practice vs speeding............but keep on keepin on wit your bad self.

·
Registered
324 Posts
RACER X said:
glad i don;t give a shit about your opinion either, funny we have another thread by twinsen, a long time rider, getting poped for the FIRST , and here's a new rider 1 week old riding over the speed limit, who coulda gotten popped in the 1st week of riding. irregardless of the bike, he needs alot more basic practice vs speeding............but keep on keepin on wit your bad self.
lol, well i hope this fluke chain-breaking happens to you in the future and see if you go down....then we'll blame it on you if you do(the kid stayed upright, be glad, not a dick-he must have been doing something right to not go down locked up at 60)!!! lol, but seriously you ARE a tool. and i just wanted you to know one more thing Racer.........

Last night i went 100 in a 40mph zone....uh oh!! on my first bike ever too!!! LMAO. grow up man.

edit: also, ya know what i just noticed?? Houston, TX!! that explains so much! it all makes sense now!! :banana :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 25 Posts