Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bored at work, thought I'd post up a pic of what I drive when the bike stays home. She can also be spotted at the local dragstrip from time to time.

Post up a pic of you cage if you like.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

Not really mine, but yeah, that is astroturf :p

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Freek. I was feeling homesick today. I've been gone about 3 months and I get to go home on leave in Nov for 30 days. After that I'll have a little less than 6 months left.

·
Registered
839 Posts
SpeedJunky said:
Just bored at work, thought I'd post up a pic of what I drive when the bike stays home. She can also be spotted at the local dragstrip from time to time.

Post up a pic of you cage if you like.

any times for your car??? Looks good

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice, looks damn clean too.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Best run before I left was 7.9 in the 1/8th. Very, Very scary with those tires. I only got in a few passes on the new motor (rebuild). Much faster than before. Had to leave before the season got going this year, but I had some slicks and suspension mods planned. Those will have to wait till I get home.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a lot. I kept the orig. cleveland block and heads so I spent some change at the machine shop. I stopped keeping track cuz it was making the wife pretty mad

·
Registered
197 Posts
NOS, blower or are you dreaming? 527? My friend's 427 Cobra was only making 480 hp and he was running low 10's at 1500' above sea level smoking the Hoosiers the entire quarter. My 440 6 pak with a cam and some head work is only making 452 (real world) HP.

No matter what kind of power you're making, it does look like a nice ride though.

edit: is it geared for the 1/8th (like 5.??) or 1/4 (4.??)? Those times are similar to 11.?? quarter times...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
351c, stroker (408) bored 30 over 4v closed chamber heads (with some pretty extensive head work) custom grind cam (don't have the specs handy) single plane torker intake, demon 800 carb, 100 shot NOS
Best was 440rwhp all motor
And 527rwhp on a 100 shot
Currently running open diff 9" w/ 3.50 gear. (worked ok with last motor setup)
By "those tires"- I did not specify- I was using some borrowed BFG drag radials.
Haven't used the spray on the strip yet. I woulda just killed myself. I had a hard enough time managing it as is.
Once I get back home the plan is re-gear, locker, suspension, and some good slicks and we'll see from there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds extensive. Nice to see that some are still working on the older stuff rather than all the new plastic! 408 is a hellofa stroke! Sounds SaWEET!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a difficult, time consuming build, but I didn't want to get rid of the old cleveland. I could have thrown a BB crate motor in it and it would have been a hell of a lot easier, but who likes doing things the easy way?!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, Air Force. Couldn't bring the car or any of the other nice things listed in my sig. I'm stuck walking everywhere for a year. You don't realize how much you love America till you come to a place like this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SpeedJunky said:
Yeah, Air Force. Couldn't bring the car or any of the other nice things listed in my sig. I'm stuck walking everywhere for a year. You don't realize how much you love America till you come to a place like this.

Are you at Osan, AFB? :)

I was at Camp Carroll (Near Taegu) for a year. :D

Here's my 'cage'...for carvin up the twisties; I'd bet I can still corner faster in this, than I Can on my bike :)

110rwhp baby!! :D

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so here's mine.....120hp.....:twofinger

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts