Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everytime someone sees my bike, they ask if it is a BMW ;)

How many else have experienced this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
First week i got it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I get it a lot. I think most people don't recognize the Yamaha tuning fork logo on the tank, and think it's a BMW logo.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yeah, had a friend that saw it for the first time from about thirty feet away ask the same thing. I think it's the round intersecting tuning forks emblem that looks like the beemer propeller logo.

*EDIT* Oops, guess I just said the same thing fraggle said above. I've got to learn to post faster!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The design of the FZ6 is very much like the stance of the BMW F650 too, so I think when people see it, because of its sport touring design, they naturally think that such a thing of beauty must be german engineered :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
i just got asked the first time last weekend. some guy at a red light. i just said, "nope, yamaha." and pointed to the bat symbol. people also seemed shocked when i tell them its "only" a 600.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
never got that, most people just go, "i like your bike...is it fast"
how are you supposed to respond to "is it fast?"..um no, actually your 1992 Ford Taurus could beat me from a stop..heres your sign. haha

·
Speedbump
226 Posts
I've gotten it a few times. I consider it an insult.

Don't get me wrong, my 2 cages are BMW, but the looks of most BMW bikes are pretty goofy as far as I am concerned. Though, they are redeeming themselves in my eyes with the introduction of the K1200S and K1200R, one of which I know will be in my stable someday...

It definitely has a resemblance to the F650, though the FZ6 is far prettier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actualy, while I was riding it home from the dealership I stopped off at a local restaurant to get a bite to eat and someone asked me if it was a Beemer. Happened 1 more time at a gas station.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I got the headlight being out question more than the beamer question (twice on the headlight and once with the beamer).

·
POP
490 Posts
Had people ask me too. One fella I talked with at Deals Gap asked if it was a Moto Guzzi. No matter what you call it, it's one sexy beast

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
the headlight question happens every day

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Yep, 4 people told me I had a headlight out the day I bought it. Flashed my high beams into their eyes when they went to see if the bulb was burned.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
killernoodle said:
Yep, 4 people told me I had a headlight out the day I bought it. Flashed my high beams into their eyes when they went to see if the bulb was burned.
haha, i should try that. i think im gonna do the headlight mod, just so people stop bugging me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This past weekend, I did a 40 mile ride behind a silver BMW R1100 S. Very nice looking BMW, IMO.
It has the twin tailpipes under the seat just like ours.
When our paths finally diverged, I stopped to get some refreshments, a guy who was behind us in a cage pulled up and said "Those are nice BMW's you and your friend are riding." I told him mine was a yamaha and cost about half what the BMW cost.
(plus it only has 98 hp and 70lb ft of tourque, not sure it is worth the extra 6-7 grand)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've had the "is it a BMW" thing happen a few times. The one that got me was 2 days ago when a guy, admittedly he was a car salesman so maybe not too sharp, asked me if it was a Ducati! WTF!?! A Duke? Did you actually look at the bike before you asked the question? I told him it isn't a Ducati, its a fast bike, a Yamaha. He thought about it for a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a lady come up to me last night and told me one of my headlights was out. (Her husband rides a Harley, I know him slighly). I corrected her and her husband said "See told you!" hehe

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I mentioned this, but my husband rides a BMW F650 Funduro. It is an excellent bike,if a little short on power (48 hp). It has a Rotax motor and the bike is assembled by Aprillia in Italy. The F650 is one of the reasons why I looked into a more ergonomic sport tourer, and the BMW's just didnt call home to me. When I saw pics of the FZ6, I was sold, hook line and sinker. Riding it has completely exceeded my expections :)

But seeing the Beamer and Fizzer side by side, they have the same riding position, and look like very similar bikes, except the Fizzer is absolutely gorgeous! I agree with the previous poster, very sexy in an aggressive way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts