Sport Bikes banner

MY BIKE FELL WITH NOONE AROUND!

982 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JimKC 
#1 ·
So, last night when I got off from work, I rode my 2006 Honda CBR600rr home and parked it in a normal parking space. I came out this morning to walk my dog, and my bike was ON THE GROUND, but no one was around! At first glance, I thought someone had pushed my bike over, but that didn't make much sense because it was parked in front of my car. I needed some help getting the bike up and noticed that THE FREAKING ASPHALT MELTED OUT FROM UNDER MY KICK STAND and it caused my bike to tip over. I moved the bike and placed the kick stand on a place with concrete so it couldn't fall again.

When I started the bike to move it, there was white smoke coming from the exhaust, so I'm assuming the engine is burning fuel. I also saw that after I picked the bike up half my tank of gas was on the ground and the pipes looked like they were changing color a little.

Should I be worried? What should I check for to possibly be damaged? What can I do to keep this from happening again?

#3 ·
So, last night when I got off from work, I rode my 2006 Honda CBR600rr home and parked it in a normal parking space. I came out this morning to walk my dog, and my bike was ON THE GROUND, but no one was around! At first glance, I thought someone had pushed my bike over, but that didn't make much sense because it was parked in front of my car. I needed some help getting the bike up and noticed that THE FREAKING ASPHALT MELTED OUT FROM UNDER MY KICK STAND and it caused my bike to tip over. I moved the bike and placed the kick stand on a place with concrete so it couldn't fall again.

When I started the bike to move it, there was white smoke coming from the exhaust, so I'm assuming the engine is burning fuel. I also saw that after I picked the bike up half my tank of gas was on the ground and the pipes looked like they were changing color a little.

Should I be worried? What should I check for to possibly be damaged? What can I do to keep this from happening again?
Let the oil burn off. If it was black smoke you'd have a real issue. You assumed right..."the engine is burning fuel".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.