Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So since I haven't visited here for a while, I thought I'd show ya'll my project I've been doing for the last couple months.. I'm car enthusiast as well, and my passion for German cars has been strong for some time. My last one was this 740i

But after trying out my dads AMG car I really wanted one of my own...

My lady has her CLK430, and it's a great car but I needed something larger and more powerful...

Well I decided on a very rare and fast CL55 kompressor. They only imported 500 into the states per year, and only ran this configuration for 4 years, so you hardly ever see them.

Many people think it's a hardtop SL, but it's not.
It's an S class with 2 doors. Longer then a hummer, and with 500HP stock. It has a handbuilt, 5.5L supercharged engine, with 2 intercoolers.

All leather interior, amazing active suspension system (you can press a button to lower and raise the car too) that adjusts from a silky smooth luxury cruiser to a quite competent sporty corner carver.

Mine has 20" wheels, keyless go (press the engine start button on the gearshifter) bi-xeon lamps, and all sorts of cool gadgets.

The other competing cars in it's class are the Bentley GT, The BMW M6, The Maserati Gran Tourismo (thought about getting that one, really cool looks) and the various Ferrari Coupes. This car has the best overall mix of all the luxury and sport handling, because of the innovative suspension design. Plus it's just damn quick. Most owners who take them to the track are getting low low 12 second stock. This should now be a high 11 second luxo barge haha.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've done some visual mods, and a nice bit of performance mods.

This is how it sits now.. SL63 grille, tinted lights, clear markers, custom mesh grilles, no fogs, and the eurocharged intercooler up front.

Blackout badges, custom emblems, tinted 3rd light m5 decklid for the tail end.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Traction is the problem. It has so much torque, it just spins the 275/30/20 tires. Here's me trying to feather the throttle.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for mods it has so far: 3.5" Full alum. cold air intake+ hi-flo filters, "devil horns" style intake scoops, Eurocharged tuned ECU, wired 010 Bosch Intercooler pump, -10ºc Cooling mod, E.C. 3rd Charge-cooler, Resonators delete, ASP idler pullies, and 16 Iridium IX spark plugs.

I cut and fabbed this entire intake up.. It's 1" larger then the stock one

Then I wrapped it again with header heat wrap for looks and the ultimate in heat resistance.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, that's what you in your piece of shit car/bike looks like in my rearview mirror.

Rhetorik, you're a sad sad meager canadian hater-troll. Ugh, what a unlucky combo. I feel bad for you son.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Jesus, I couldn't even afford tires for that car :(

Looks badass though and I love the sound of that engine!

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol Scythe, thanks bro, I removed the exhaust resonators so inside the car it's just got a hint that there's something lurking under the hood while normal driving it..But floor the gas and it's unleashed. One thing I'm trying to figure out is what the best summer tire is for the configuration it has now. Unless I change the offset, I can only fit a 275 section rear. I have nitto 555r on it now and love them, but need a stickier rear.. hmmm... I know motorcycle tires alot better...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I loved my Nittos! Handled great and the car felt planted to the ground! Don't ask what car.....because your tires still cost more than the car did :(

·
Eskimo Bro
2,053 Posts
I wouldn't go with Nittos, personally unless it was an all weather tire. I had them a while back and didn't like them. I'd go with a max summer performance tire, or maybe even a dot competition tire. Really, google will educate you a lot by just finding reviews.

·
Eskimo Bro
2,053 Posts
In that size, you only have a few options and none seem to be in the extreme performance category. Ventus V12 is a good tire. I have them on my car now and have been thoroughly impressed at their value for traction.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This car is basically an amazing all around machine.
I'm not really into sportscars that much, my ideal thing is the ultra powerful luxury coupe. I want a bit of sporting character, but NOT at the expense of the soft ride dynamic. Here's some more pics of some updates I made in the interior.

Also, here's 2 cool videos explaining the ABC suspension hydo system. It's actually fucking amazing.

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, going to need tires next time I change the oil I think. I'll be doing some research in the mean time.

·
Eskimo Bro
2,053 Posts
Playing with air pressure might help too. Just like bikes, they have a sweet spot. I know my tires have to be kept around 5-10psi above stock to keep the traction where I like it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very nice, but something I could never afford to drive. tires would eat me alive. OWWWWWWW but dang it sure looks fun.

Grats!

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Very nice car.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If you wanted more of a sedan, why didn't you go with the S65 AMG? I almost pulled the tr***** on one a year ago, but after reading all the maint. nightmare stories decided to go with my 750(which hasn't been a whole lot cheaper!).

Sweet car though. I bet its a blast to drive!

·
Fast bikes fan
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks fellas' !

Psudy, nah, I didnt want to go with a 4 door this time. But the S class is freaking sweet. Exact same interior as my CL, and almost exactly the same chassis.

I saw a black 750 the other day that looked soooo nice. I really am a fan of the Big BMW's after owning one. (E38 though)

·
Registered
142 Posts
For tires ditch the 20's and get 18's you will have a lot more good tire choices.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts