Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took some pics of my 04 EX-500...... Just got the exhaust on the other day, so I figured I'd snap them up. It's got some minor cosmetic stuff done here and there, but I'm not done with it yet. I'm just out of money for the moment....so all I can really afford to do is remove things, or modify what's already there. But the modifications are in the signature. Lemme know what you think about my little half liter scooter. :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I like it! CONGRATS! you need to take some pic of you and her together and post um in the Womens Section.... :D

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha...I got some of me, but none on the bike. Haven't been able to grab anyone to snap em. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were about $20 from the local dealership...theyre Lockhart Philips. They're ok...a tad ugly up close, but they were the only signals in stock with the small size I needed. If I were to do it again though, I'd spend the extra money and buy a taillight integrator and remove the signals altogether.

·
Banned
368 Posts
I used to have a '97 ex... lol those things are putty. Is this your first bike? I remember the very first day I pulled a wheelie on that B|tch... It was awesome, had to POP the clutch but it worked lol.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I'm glad to see your happy with the bike. I'm also glad you didn't go out and do what alot of other 19yr olds are doing (going out and buying a 6R or a b***** bike and then getting hurt on them. Ride safe and always wear the gear.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone...and yeah, it's my first bike. Originally I had wanted an R6 or a Ninja 636, but couldn't afford either....so I settled for the 500. Which turned out to be a smart move.....the power is really manageable and it hasn't surprised me anywhere. Although nobody seems to be able to tune the carbs right. I brought it in with the exhaust, and it was running lean. I get it back, now it's rich and stumbles off the line, and bogs for a second any time you wrap the throttle from a cruising speed. And it's got a full exhaust, an intake modification, and a drop-in filter and it hasn't even been rejetted! I think you almost have to rebuild your motor to justify a rejetting here in FL.... :confused: Arrrrrrgh

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks much better with a one can

·
Banned
611 Posts
you bike sucks!! haha j/k brooks. to bad that huge hole we cut in the air box didnt work. i bet the sugar in the gas i put in will help down the road tho. Hope ya enjoy it :twofinger

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, thanks, ASSHOLE! Well if it seems to run ok when I ride it...whenever the weather clears up...I figure I'll cut about a 1 inch diameter hole out of the duct-tape on the airbox on the left side, and see if it acts up. I can just keep opening it up more and more and when it gets to the point where it starts getting flat spots, then I'll just use some aluminum and fab up a cover-plate and get rid of the duct tape altogether. WOOOHOO! Backwoods engineer! :alky :headbang

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BuRn__ said:
looks naked on the right side!!

lookin good man!
Yeah tell me about it! But the weight difference is INSANE between the old and new system. The bike feels MUCH lighter...you can toss it back and forth very easily now. Feels as if it dropped close to 20 lbs....and those factory mufflers are heaaaaavy. That's one of the biggest things I'm pleased about actually, besides the sound of the new system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts