Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever ride these? I saw a guy this past weekend riding this bike (F4 1000S) around the corner from my apartment. Why in the hell are these bikes so much more expensive than other raceworthy bikes? And are they really worth the $22K (F4 1000S) - $43K(F4 1000 Tamburini) price tag???

:confused:

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I think there was a write-up in last months Cycle World mag. It compared that to the Gixxer 100 and the Kawi. Not a bad article. Not sure if its worth the $ though. With the $43,000, I'd use it for a mortgage down payment.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i just read sport rider's (edit: maybe it was cycle world) shootout that had the zx10r, gsxr1k and that MV 1000S in it.

they say a lot of positive things about it. most notable is the frame having, if not all, some steel parts that flex appropriately and give unheard of feedback (think Italian road race bicycles made of steel versus Al or Ti) . other than that, they say it's not worth it considering that you could own about three japanese bikes instead that are just as nice a ride albeit a little different.

super sexy bike tho. If i had money to burn...

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I saw one at a Hooters bike night. Cool bike, but you can keep it. They're in the same league as Ferrari and Lamborgini, meaning you can have something just as nice, if not nicer for far far less money. It won't however have the rarity and attention grabber effect that the exotics have.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
TTsixxer said:
Is a italian supercar worth the money? Depends who you ask, I personally would love to own one of those.
Nah, give me a nice Ling 427TT vette, and I'll be happy. Hell, you can give me that vette, a pro-street (but still streetable) '57 chevy, and a nice jacked up diesel truck to lug them all around for the price of an italian exotic.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Uuuuhhhhh no....Nice bike though. 43k nice...i dont think so.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I have only seen one in San Antonio, and the dude was poppin wheelies, and not with a very positive form as well.
Oh well his money..or his moms and dads, he must have been 20 tops!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those that have the extra doe to waste...errr...spend, it is a unique looking bike. If I had P. Diddy or Jay-Z money, I'd consider it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would love to have one of those... I too saw it in the cycle world mag and immediately fell in love with it. I think its the best looking bike on the street. Just costs tooooooo much for my poor arse.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KawZX7R said:
I seen this MV at the Pikes Peak AMA Race, i would love to have this bike
Thanks for the pics. Me and this guy at my office were looking for close-up pics of the 4 pipe, undertail exhaust. Nice!!!

·
loner
201 Posts
do you really need to ask? $43k for a bike? if you are going to spend that, then the money isn't really an issue, now is it? if you're considering the 600rr for $9k or the r6 for $8500 and weighing the bang for the buck, then you have a completely different mentality. i grew up without money, so i will probably always weigh the price for the performance... it's just me. if i grew up and money simply wasn't an issue... fuck it, get something the proletarians can't afford... and then go screw your model g/f who's with you because you have money. seriously, who gives a fuck?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
the bike itself is worth 8k, it is the really hot single sided swingarm and THAT WHEEL that bring the price up, That wheel is pretty!

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
The write up was in the last issue of Cycle World comparing the GSXR1000, ZX-10R and the MV Agusta F4 1000S. They went so far as to say the MV was perhaps the best handling sportbike ever. They also said for the most part it keeps pace with the other two bikes. IMO it is the best looking sportbike by far but even I had a ton of disposable income I doubt I'd buy one for that price.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Truck said:
Nah, give me a nice Ling 427TT vette, and I'll be happy. Hell, you can give me that vette, a pro-street (but still streetable) '57 chevy, and a nice jacked up diesel truck to lug them all around for the price of an italian exotic.
In the end you will still have two chevy's and a diesel truck. I rather have the exotic super car. ;)

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
TTsixxer said:
In the end you will still have two chevy's and a diesel truck. I rather have the exotic super car. ;)
:lao SO TRUE, I am with you TT.

CHEVY :pisson

·
Registered
944 Posts
I always thought that agusta's where beautiful, and i still do........maby not 43,000$ beautiful, but what is. They sound absolutly awsome.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The only thing I don't like about 'em I don't like is the headlight. Dump the Gixxer style over-under stuff for an R1 style side-by-side setup.

Then the bike would be aesthetic perfection.

If you buy one of these new, you're just showing off your $$. That's just too much for a motorcycle. Especially a mass produced MC. Anyone know how many of these they make/sell in a year?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
When I looked at possibly purchasing a MV before I bought my R1 I found that you would have to spend around 20K to get this bike....the 43K version is like buying a saleem mustang vs. cobra mustang....most are going to buy the cobra and save the bucks. It is a fabulous looking bike though...just couldn't bring myself to drop another 9k on the bike vs. the R1

1 - 20 of 30 Posts