Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muslims attack liquor store in the US - "Stop selling liquor, it is against Islam!"

OAKLAND, Calif. - They weren't your ordinary thugs. Dressed in bow ties and dark suits, nearly a dozen men carrying metal pipes entered a corner store, shattered refrigerator cases and smashed bottles of liquor, wine and beer, terrifying the clerk but stealing nothing.

The just wanted to leave a message: Stop selling alcohol to fellow Muslims. In urban America, friction between poor residents and immigrant store owners is nothing new. Nor are complaints that inner-city neighborhoods are glutted with markets that sell alcohol and contribute to violent crime, vagrancy and other social ills.

But the recent attack at San Pablo Liquor — and an identical vandalism spree at another West Oakland store later that evening, along with an arson fire there and the kidnapping of the owner a few days later — have injected religion into the debate.

The two episodes highlighted tensions — and different interpretations of the Quran — between black Muslims in this struggling, crime-ridden city of 400,000 and Middle Eastern shop owners, many of them also Muslims.

Six men connected to a bakery founded by a prominent black Muslim family have been arrested in the Nov. 23 attacks, which were caught on store security cameras. In both instances, the vandals asked store clerks why they were selling alcohol when it was against the Muslim faith.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/ap_on_re_us/stores_trashed
Because we do not live by the Muslim faith, that's why!

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
ah fuck it..........just start another holy war. Religion makes everything better :rolleyes

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
I bet it also says somewhere in the Quran not to destroy other people's property, kidnap, etc... too.
Yeah, but that's just a reference to women, not retail store merchandise. :eek:nfloor

While it's not right, it's easy to see the frustration of being exploited in a situation that is already bad. When one finds a little bit of power, the moral values tend to slide towards the maintenance of that power. Is it an act of violence to exploit your fellow man? It's not overt, but it's similarites are there. Religion leaves room for skewed interprations of morality.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have developed a bias against Islam over the last few months. All the bullshit stacked up and I'm frankly tired of it. I'm tired of being tolerant. I'm tired of being "enlightened".

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im also tired of hearing about Americans not being able to live freely because it goes against the islam or muslim faith. Either adapt to American culture or go back to f'in Pakistan.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
Viperblue6R said:
Im also tired of hearing about Americans not being able to live freely because it goes against the islam or muslim faith. Either adapt to American culture or go back to f'in Pakistan.
thats an odd comment considering there are fellow americans who are not able to live freely based on the beliefs of Christians.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I apologize for my last comment, I was in a pretty foul mood. A majority of the Muslims I've known have been good regular people just trying to make it in the world. The 1%er's of their faith try REALLY hard to mess it up for the rest of them.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I'm tired as hell of people using religion as an excuse to bother people. I don't want christians to be allowed to come to my door and bug me. I also don't think it's right that people destroy other people's property because they say it's against THEIR religion.

This is why I became an athiest. I hate it when people use religion for personal gain. I have no problems with people believing in stuff. I believe in all kinds of stuff. But when you tell me I can't do something because YOUR religion says it's wrong, I tend to get angry.

In my opinion, christians (especially Roman Catholics) are just as guilty of this as Muslims, but because they generally don't use violence to make their points, everyone just sits down and takes it. That, and because almost every person of power in this country is a christian.

Back on to topic: in the article, it seems that people are trying to blame liquor stores for their problems? If every person in my town had a doughnut addiction, you better believe i'd open up a Krispy Kreme franchise.... and i'd be a rich bastard, too. But then they expect me to feel bad when people tell you they're fat? Yeah.... right...

STOP DRINKING!!! just STOP IT! then all the "evil" liquor stores will go out of business and leave. Otherwise, shut the hell up or leave.

(disclaimer: i'm not trying to be a jerk. I just needed to vent. If you don't think anything i've said is correct, i respect your opinion. I have many Islam, Muslim, and christian friends. I was raised a Roman Catholic. Peace)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I know what you mean kevinwilly. What upsets me is these people that pass their beliefs and shit off as fact and try and use that to give me other people shit. Maybe we can have just a national don't ask, don't tell policy about religion. Get everybody to shut the fuck up and chill out.

As for those muslim guys, they need to chill out and have a beer obviously. Pussies.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts

How we doin', any converts today?
Not a one, nay, nay, nay.
We flattened their fingers, we branded their buns!
Nothing is working! Send in the nuns!

The Inquisition, what a show...
The Inquisition, here we go!
We know you're wishin' that we'd go away!
So all you Muslims and you Jews
We got big news for all of yous:
You'd better change your point of views TODAY!
'Cause the Inquisition's here and it's here to stay!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts