Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a good website to get free music downloads? kazaa has a lot of viruses so i need a new one. :headbang

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
JESTER600 said:
limewire.com is the shiz. no spyware or popups
Are you fucking kidding me? I have to spend a week fixing the computer after I use that POS program. I had to spend an hour going through the registry cleaning it up the other day. That program use to be cool now it sucks. If you have an old version don't upgrade.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Honda,
I use Emule or ARES. Both scan for files that are tainited with viruises.

:metal

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
Are you fucking kidding me? I have to spend a week fixing the computer after I use that POS program. I had to spend an hour going through the registry cleaning it up the other day. That program use to be cool now it sucks. If you have an old version don't upgrade.
dang that sucks. i have the old version and have never had a problem. keeps asking me to upgrade but i just never felt the need to. i retract my previous statement i guess

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have the old version of limewire also, I have downloaded hundreds of songs and not a single problem

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I like WinMX, there are some virus tainted files, but just keep a good on-demand scanner and it protects you just fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was using k lite ++ but it still gets songs that are mangled from the riaa so i use ares now. Even though i buy a ton of cds i still like to dl some before i buy them to see if i like them so im thinking about trying bit torrent to take whole cds. The only problem is that i dont know how to use it

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
I use Shareaza and have not had any problems with spyware or pop-ups. At least, none that Spybot or Adaware could detect. It connects to Gnutella2, Gnutella, eDonkey, and Bit Torrent. It does have some issue with connecting through firewalls, but has pretty good documentation on how to resolve the issues. The only problem I've seen so far is that it is kind of slow to download a file, and it does take up quite a bit of your bandwidth if you are attempting to download multiple files at once. It does give you the option of previewing a file when it has downloaded a enough of it, so that you can see if it's the file that you want. I highly recommend it if you have broadband and a fairly fast system.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
hondaboy44709 said:
does anyone have a good website to get free music downloads? kazaa has a lot of viruses so i need a new one. :headbang
Pay for your music you fucking cheap ass theif.

·
Registered
283 Posts
TheWraith said:
Pay for your music you fucking cheap ass theif.
So by this logic, letting people listen to music in your car is stealing? Lending a CD to a friend is stealing? As long as you're not selling the music, or making money from it, sharing is no different than either of those two things.

Fuck that. Music is meant to be shared.. just because record companies aren't going to be able to charge $15 for somthing worth $5 anymore they start getting sand in their vaginas and sueing 11 year old girls.

I know more than one local band that has gotten b***** becasue people found their stuff online, and liked it, and started going to their shows.

Record companies give all this BS about how it hurts the artists.. well maybe now artists could get paid a more reasonable salary, and they'll stop charging BS prices for CDs.

They will never be able to kill filesharing, because no encryption method will be unbreakable or won't get leaked, and you cannot police the internet.

As for what file sharing program to use.. try Bittorent. You download a program (I prefer ABC becasue it's very simple) and then visit torrent websites, with links to torrents.. You download the torrent files from anyone who happens to be online, and the speeds are usually pretty quick. You can find torrents of music, movies, software etc. etc.

Us google to find torrent programs and torrent websites.

Kazaa lite and mIRC are also good stuff. :headbang

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I always love listening to teenagers justify intellectual property theft. It's always includes such ground breaking logic.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i am in a band, we put our songs online and a sony rep called us and we have a meeting with an A&R guy august 1st (acoustic-1 song). go figure.

so in my books, download, download, download.

... then download more.

·
Registered
283 Posts
TheWraith said:
I always love listening to teenagers justify intellectual property theft. It's always includes such ground breaking logic.
I enjoy listening to old people try to sound condescending, but instead fark up the grammar in their post, and make themselves look silly. :alky

1 - 18 of 18 Posts