Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out slider photo pics #442271 & #442143, I did not even realize that was you and I was looking for you :rolleyes When is the next track day you two are attending?

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Not sure. Know anyone selling a lap timer in the $125 range?

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Tom - I saw that pic in my list, too! Pretty cool one - I may have to buy it!

You're the first guy to EVER tell me that I was too tight on the bike and needed to be smoother. Based on that advice (and perhaps moreso my own observations), I realized I must be doing something different at RA... I was much too tense on the left hand turns (5, 6, 8, Tea Kettle) - but not in 13.

What was the problem?!?

I've NEVER turned left after hard braking at Blackhawk, Putnam... etc. Tuesday, I concentrated specifically on body positioning and load transfer from braking to left-hand-corner-entry. 5,6,8, and the tea kettle were SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Anyway, I improved from a 2:52 to a 2:45.

I am finally looking forward to coming BACK to Road A!

...but, the next trackday I am signed up for is Sunday June 11th, and Monday June 12th at Autobahn. Are you coming down?

Thanks for coming out to play. Your advice provided direction to me, and highlited a significant shortcoming. It was good to finally meet you and your girlfriend (what was her name agian?) - and I hope to head out and play agian soon!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Body position was just to get you turning smoother :) , As you ride down a city street in a straight line try pointing your knee forward and shifting your hips, You will find the bike will react on its own and want to turn in that direction.....Just like a horse. There are a few more basics i will show you guys (street or track) and you will be very preped for a road race school and get some wood on your first race weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts