Sport Bikes banner

Multiple Threads vs. Comprehensive Threads

• Our dictator needs to leave single topic multiple threads alone!!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Continue Stressing the use of Comprehensive Threads

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a member complain about locking his thread. I locked it, because I felt that it was a popular topic (tires) that is heavily discussed in other goods threads (that I will most likely be merging). Before I locked it, I explained that if the existing threads do not answer his question, then please post the question in the existing threads. This way we have ONE comprehensive thread on such a popular topic. This well help most members when they want to research such a topic as FZ6 tires. It keeps new and veteran members from having to read through dozens and dozens of different posts on a single topic to find the information they are looking for.

I have stressed several times in our little FZ6 corner of the SBN forums, that if it is the same topic, then add to the popular thread instead of starting a new thread. BUT, I am not hear to dictate, so lets take a poll.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I just wish the search function brought you right to the point in the thread that was most relevant to your search, rather than having to do another thread search afterwards as large threads can be a bit cumbersome, not to mention that it doesn't take very long for a thread to get completely off-topic.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
And then there's the cryptic names for very useful threads.

Either way is fine by me. I like laughing at n00bs (only fair I think), and drift is often on one of those irresistibles, like "high beams" or zip ties. But I don't mind an orderly forum either. I do, however, truly appreciate that we don't have a mere figurehead piloting the ship. I think you've been doing a good job.

If we get a good FAQ going, this may be less of an issue in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts