Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Kick ass! I went to my bro-in-laws last night just to see if I could catch it (don't get cable up in the hills) but it didn't show up in the menu so...

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
SWEET!! :cool:

I didn't get to tape it since I haven't got my VCR hooked up to my new TV yet. This is the next best thing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ahh, that one guy lost a finger, and he's brother will be rich when his father gives him the company.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Ok, I admire their drive and will, but it's a pipe dream. Stunting is about 100x less well known than roadracing. Even the guys who do VERY WELL in roadracing don't make any money. There is no money to be made in stunting, so I don't see how they think they can make any money.

Also, to the guys who were saying that other people on the street are a hassle and annoyance to them because they are in their way, fuck you, seriously.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Ok, I admire their drive and will, but it's a pipe dream. Stunting is about 100x less well known than roadracing. Even the guys who do VERY WELL in roadracing don't make any money. There is no money to be made in stunting, so I don't see how they think they can make any money.

Also, to the guys who were saying that other people on the street are a hassle and annoyance to them because they are in their way, fuck you, seriously.

what guys in racing? are you talking bout hayden, bostrom, mladin? i thought they got paid real well

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
snigg said:
what guys in racing? are you talking bout hayden, bostrom, mladin? i thought they got paid real well

Same here.....I figured Bostrom/Rossi or someone big were getting paid a pretty penny............

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Ca$h said:
Same here.....I figured Bostrom/Rossi or someone big were getting paid a pretty penny............
this is firefighter we're hearing this from. dude talks more shit than a plumber...

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Do you guys have any idea how much most racers make? Even the privateer MotoGP teams lose money every year.

Maybe you misunderstood my definition of "VERY WELL" I'm talking the guys who are commonly on the podium for WERA, CCS, even AMA class races. I'm not talking about the few who are absolutely phenomenal. Ok so lets see how many companies there are that support and sponsor roadracing, alot right? That's how the big dogs make alot of money.

I don't see any stunters getting a factory ride with Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/etc. That's where the big money is. Even if these guys get sponsors, it's not going to be enough to make a living, especially with an expensive and dangerous hobby like motorcycling.

Go to a local race event, talk to the guys who finish top 3, ask them how much money they made last year racing, it's going to be very little or a loss.

·
Registered
152 Posts
oh ya, gp boys and ama factory boys make plenty of money. nothing near what like nba or nfl but i'm quite sure gp factory riders make millions. u can't tell by going to ama races (always pretty low turnouts for fans), but the factory riders make pretty pennies as well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
as for stunting being 100x less popular than roadracing...definatly not...ask anyone in public what sportbikes do...and they will say one thing normally wheelies, not roadracing..stunting is on the comeup liek it or not folks, i would much rather go watch a stunt show than road racing

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Well that's you, you would rather watch a stunt show, and that's fine. You might be right, stunting might become as popular or more popular than roadracing one day, personally I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

How many people do you see at local race events vs local stunt events? I've been to both (back in the US) and the race events are always alot more full (far from packed though) than the stunt events. I've got nothing against these guys, this isn't about stunting so much to me. I would tell someone trying to make a career as a roadracer the same thing as I would a stunter, "good luck, but it's 99% likely you will do nothing but lose money" go to any racing specific forum and they will tell you the exact same thing, even the best CCS and WERA guys keep their day job until they get picked up by a factory team (which is a one in a million shot).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Never been to a race event or seen a list of numbers for one but the more known stunt shows can get almost 30,000 spectators. That is pretty good for something so few know about......

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Still, all I was trying to say is good luck making a career out of it. It's the same with any sport, you can have fun playing, but don't expect to make a living doing it.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I completely agree with you on that, I just wanted to know what made you say....

"Ok, I admire their drive and will, but it's a pipe dream. Stunting is about 100x less well known than roadracing. Even the guys who do VERY WELL in roadracing don't make any money."

but all is good now, no big deal.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
nevermind.. got it.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I've been looking for this. Good hookup!

·
Registered
926 Posts
firefighter81 said:
even the best CCS and WERA guys keep their day job until they get picked up by a factory team (which is a one in a million shot).
thats because its club racing. and they dont always lose money. the fast guys get sponsored and their main sponsors give them a budget. so they arent spending their own personal money. one of the guys i pit with gets 1500 bucks for 1st from honda. he get 4 sets of free tires, free bikes, etc. anything his budget allows. however, the money you make from CLUB racing, if you are fast, is not near enough to live off of.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
is anyone else having a problem with it stopping at about 13 minutes in? which codec are you using to view it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts