Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I caught of the last part of the advertisement....MTV's --True Life-- is doing a segment on sportbikes from the stunting perspective....anyways a heads up...Thursday at da 10 spot.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a weird feeling that they are going to make sportbikers look like assholes. I guess we'll see on thursday.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Someone tape it for me, i'm interested to see how they portray us, but I have to work, and have no functional VCR to check it out, unless they let me take my dinner break later than usual.

Tom.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Justin726 said:
It's actually a re-run. It first aired a couple months ago.
yeah, i dont think so. It was supposed to air back it May but MTV keeps delaying it untill now.

I'm sure it will show some illegal acts being done on sportbikes. It was produced by the Stone Brothers who did the Black Sheep Squadron stunt DVD and they are very professional. There goal was not to portray sportbike riders as being assholes

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
They were talking about it in Cycle World they said it would portray a famoust stunt group and locals and a new group trying to make it. There is street freestyle in it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
And we wonder why we have a bad name. People see shit like this on TV and assume we all drive recklessly. It's okay in a parking lot but there is no room for it on the streets.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Should be interesting, but it'll probably shed a bad light on sportbike riders (media usually does this). oh well, what else is new?

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I just want to see it because it has bikes in it. If it's about stunting people on here are going to get all pissed off over it. I'll just enjoy seeing a sport I like to do on tv because I never get to see much street riding footage.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
there is a good side to it being frowned upon by the public. The more parents don't like it the more girls love it.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
dennisred69 said:
there is a good side to it being frowned upon by the public. The more parents don't like it the more girls love it.
I like the way you think man!

As long as they make machines that do mach 1 like bikes then there are going to be squids that make everyone else look bad. I started snowboarding 10 years ago and we were looked at pretty much like sportbikers are now. Give it time and it may turn around.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
jester is right, the stone bro's shot it and its not a repeat. im excited to see it, it was supposed to be on awhile ago, then a little bit ago, now its finally gonna air. anyway i love seein street footage, much better than parking lots and shit.

·
part of the problem
487 Posts
adamf2 said:
I have a weird feeling that they are going to make sportbikers look like assholes.
+1. Saw the adds for it one day while channel surfing and got the same feeling. :angry

·
Banned
519 Posts
*sigh*

This is just more fuel for the already blazing fire.

I still live with my parents and the day I was going out to buy my Ninja 500R, they told me that if I do they will kick me out of the house. I have nowhere else to go right now. I am only 18.

Sucks bad! I can assure you I wont be a squid tho :twofinger

I am a very cautious guy. This should be an interesting video segment, I hope I dont miss it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great now everyone will think that is all we do or are going to do. A local news station did a bit on sportbikes, now when you ride down the road every one looks at you and wants you to do something or starts yelling at you for something they saw people doing on TV. Not everyone stunts, not every stunter stunts on the road. However I will watch it, hopefully it's done tastefully and safely.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have tried to catch this show so many times its crazy.... MTVs actual schedual NEVER matches what comes with my digital cable. they are always changing shit around. Its annoying.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I'll be sure to encode it for those of you less fortunate not to receive Empty Vee.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Wow, MTV is going to show something BESIDES a music video? Oh sorry, my bad, they stoped playing music videos in the 80's...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts