Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what MSRP was for the 03? Was it the 8599 it still is? Dealer has a leftover BRAND NEW 03 copper sv1000 for 7k. I did a search but could only find 04/05 prices.

thanks

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I believe the MSRP for the '03 sv1000s was the same as now. OTD prices around here are ranging from 6500-6800 for a leftover '03.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn...that's good. I asked for the bike with fairings for 8k and the guy got pissed

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I was looking at the SV1000S's the other day... they're pretty sweet. and 6X00 OTD on a leftover 03 would be SAWEET.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The SV1000 (naked) msrp was $7999. I found one for $7500 and thought it was a good deal until I realized it was only $500 off msrp. I passed on that one.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is for the S version...so i guess the 8500 would sound about right if the naked is 7999.

I'm going to go back down there on tuesday and see.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Rascus said:
Anyone know what MSRP was for the 03? Was it the 8599 it still is? Dealer has a leftover BRAND NEW 03 copper sv1000 for 7k. I did a search but could only find 04/05 prices.

thanks
I had my eye on that one a while ago and surprised it still there. Copper is an '03 only color and IMO the best SV color. You should get it.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
*drools*

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
MSRP on the SV1000S was $8599 in 2003, but I know that the dealers around CO that still have leftover '03's are REALLY interested in moving them. I almost bought a silver one for $7100 plus tax before I decided on the '05 red instead.

Wen I was shopping, I just called around and asked various dealers if they had any leftover 03's or 04's. Most of them will deal right away. The free lower fairing deal was in late 04, for leftover 03 models. No such beast anymore. The dealer where I bought mine wasn't even aware that Suzuki made OEM lowers for the SV until they saw them on my bike.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TTsixxer said:
I had my eye on that one a while ago and surprised it still there. Copper is an '03 only color and IMO the best SV color. You should get it.

Well I'm gonna head back down on Tuesday and see. So it's been there awhile huh? Thats what I thought. The guy made it seem like they JUST got in and it won't last long.

I wonder what the dealer price was for it...I'm thinking 6995 is pretty close to it.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Late last summer/early fall, (05 models were about to come out) a place in NC was selling naked SV1k's for 5500 OTD, and S models for around 6k OTD.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LiterTwin said:
MSRP on the SV1000S was $8599 in 2003, but I know that the dealers around CO that still have leftover '03's are REALLY interested in moving them. I almost bought a silver one for $7100 plus tax before I decided on the '05 red instead.

Wen I was shopping, I just called around and asked various dealers if they had any leftover 03's or 04's. Most of them will deal right away. The free lower fairing deal was in late 04, for leftover 03 models. No such beast anymore. The dealer where I bought mine wasn't even aware that Suzuki made OEM lowers for the SV until they saw them on my bike.

Too bad I can't call around. There is only one suzuki dealership on the island :(

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That blows, hopefully you'll get a sweet deal on a leftover 03... I think I'm going to get an SV1000 or TLR/S as my next bike...

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Rascus said:
thanks

Man, that is the EXACT bike I wanted until I priced the insurance. :rolleyes I think they looked best in that color.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Rascus said:
Well I'm gonna head back down on Tuesday and see. So it's been there awhile huh? Thats what I thought. The guy made it seem like they JUST got in and it won't last long.

I wonder what the dealer price was for it...I'm thinking 6995 is pretty close to it.
He's bullshitting you, that bike has been there for months. As far as I'm concerned, that bike has been there since it arrived in a crate!!

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crx81 said:
Man, that is the EXACT bike I wanted until I priced the insurance. :rolleyes I think they looked best in that color.

Well what did you get quoted? My quote was around 400 Full coverage.

He's bullshitting you, that bike has been there for months. As far as I'm concerned, that bike has been there since it arrived in a crate!!
He said that it was a bike from their Hilo store, which can make sense. Like you said though I think it's been there for quite some time.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Rascus said:
Well what did you get quoted? My quote was around 400 Full coverage.
Man, I had an independent agent who shopped around and best we could get was $1,400 / yr. Insurance is high down here. A lot of theft, a lot of accidents. When I moved here 3 years ago, my car insurance doubled. That's with the same company, some coverage.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I wonder what insurance for me would be on an SV1000... I don't think I wanna know haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts