Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just wanted to post on my just completed MSF course. 98 written, perfect on the riding. First, total newb here, so this was all new to me going in. Without a doubt, this class is the single greatest thing a new motorcyclist can do to prepare themself for becoming a rider. The class is outstanding. All the techniques you learn have real world application, most of them before you'd even leave your neighborhood!

To those veterans on here who keep preaching to take MSF, keep it up. Some of us are listening! I had every intention of taking it before getting my bike anyway, but after becoming a member here I see you guys push it hard here. Very smart, and even though there might be some who don't listen, your urging to take an MSF class could save a life. Peace! :lol

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Agreed. I went into it thinking it was a waste of money, and left thinking it was the best possible way I could have spent that $230.

Congrats on passing dude...you scored higher than I did! (Arrrrgh, if only I knew when they wanted me to stop for the normal braking..they took major points off cause I hesitated, didnt know which set of cones to stop at!) :twofinger

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Congrats on doing so well!! Yes, there is a reason why the MSF course is so highly reocmmend by so many on sbn. If you think about it, you probably just didn't start driving a car on the road without any insruction one day. A bike has so many added dimensions that it only makes sense to get some dedicated intsruction when starting out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
RayOSV said:
Congrats on doing so well!! Yes, there is a reason why the MSF course is so highly reocmmend by so many on sbn. If you think about it, you probably just didn't start driving a car on the road without any insruction one day. A bike has so many added dimensions that it only makes sense to get some dedicated intsruction when starting out.
Exactly....it IS the driver's ed course for motorcycles....no one gets in a cage w/o driver's ed, why should bikers be different!

·
Registered
346 Posts
ProfessorChaos said:
I cant wait for my class in October.
Shut up Butters!! ha, jk. Anyway I just wanted to give a little advice. If your riding class has some dual sport bikes to use, DONT USE THEM. They are not as newb friendly as the cruisers they are higher off the ground, dont handle as well, and are a little top heavy. You'll come out with a better experience in my opinion. If you have ever ridding a dirt bike before dont worry about it, it would be fine for you. Im just talking to the 2wheel virgins

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree, it's a great class and I think everyone should take this. Congrats on passing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts