Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the required gear to bring with me to take my MSF BUT I dont have eye protection but i have a full face helmet so technically if I keep my visor down, its eye protection right? I just dont wanna piss any of the instructors off or anything. I dont really want to buy a pair of glasses when theyll only be used for the class. Do you think itll be a problem?

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
you visor is perfect for the training. In MA we allow prescription glasses or sunglasses to serve as eye protection while participating in the course. Of course glasses & sunglasses wouldn't be considered adequate for regular street riding.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
T-595 Greg said:
you visor is perfect for the training. In MA we allow prescription glasses or sunglasses to serve as eye protection while participating in the course. Of course glasses & sunglasses wouldn't be considered adequate for regular street riding.
+1 for TX

it does get to be a pain taking the lid on and off. and the full face will also get pretty hot. the loaner helmets at your school are open face and cooler(temp. wise), and you can just wear sunglasses. but if you go that route, bring something to wear on your head. those lids may have some funk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I heard those helmets are nasty so I figured I bring my own. Im gonna be burning up on that parking lot all day.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah when I took mey MSF I wore my helmet and just left the visor cracked tolet some air in... wasn't that bad at all... and the instructors said it was okay....

·
Registered
143 Posts
+1 on leaving the visor open a notch. Instructors said that was fine. Day one for me was over 90 degrees out and day 2 was cold and pouring rain so I got used to the visor down as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just wear a pair of sunglasses under the helmet. It may get too hot with the visor down since you'll be doing all slow speed exercises on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I had to take the course again in the heat, I'd buy on of those cheap novelty half helmets in white and wear sunglasses for eye protection, then ebay the helmet after the course. When I took it, I was in a full face and it was 98-degrees, 90% humidity, and neither glasses with the visor wide open or cracking the visor without shades was comfortable (remember, you're not moving most of the time, just sitting absorbing the heat rising off the asphalt and the bike.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts