Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum as well as riding, have a question. From all that I've read its a really good to idea to take the MSF course and have decided to do so, but I was wondering if anyone here has taken it in jackson. How much was it? What was it like? etc. I was told to talk with a Jerry Meyers at the Harley Shop but I didn't know if he did it privately or what. Any info would be great.

I live in byram so if he does teach it, it won't be a problem attending.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes there is a local cop that does teach a form of the MSF through the local Harley Shop. You can get the same style certificate from him just as you would the MSF. I think it's a 125-150 bucks. I believe he teaches it in a local high school parking lot.

What kind of bike do you have? I live in Terry and ride with a lot of people from the Byram area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know whether or not its with an entire class and I have to wait for it to fill or are the lessons private? I'm away at college right now and currently don't have a bike, but this is my last semester here and I'm looking to pick up one come the first of the year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Live in byram too and was driving by forest hill high school and saw a bunch of folks down in the parking lot on bikes. I figured it was for MSF since I talked to a main person earlier in the year who said they might get it there. I'll post the information to contact her tommorrow.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here ya go:

Brenda Netterville

MS Motorcycle Academy

1-800-322-0216

Just ask if there are any planned classed in the Jackson area this year or next.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I went by the harley shop and some lady told me about the class, and gave me an application, the Central MS Motorcycle Training Inc. From what she told me, they hold it once a month. You just send in the money (175$ beginner, 80$ advanced), get the month that you will be able to attend, and thats it. Course is over a Fri, Sat and Sun. roughly 20hours total instruction time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The next class is Dec 22-24th I plan to be taking it myself. The cost is 175 and you can get the forms at the kickstand or the harleyshop off of 55 South.

Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts