Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got done with my MSF course and sent it in to progressive, yesterday i got my new quote in the mail. it saved me.......... $3 yeah $3 not a month, $3 freaking dollars total!!!! i am pissed. they love to jack up your rates but when you try and become a better rider and improve your skills they still screw u. RANT off............ :boid

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
some don't give anything.....geico gives a bit.

btw. progressive sucks overall.......;P

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
10% in RI for taking training (it's mandatory BTW). an additional 10% when you become a rider coach (all with GEICO). your state may have different rules.

·
Registered
452 Posts
RACER X said:
some don't give anything
Exactly. I used to have American Family, and they didn't give me any discount for completing the course. I have GEICO now, and they take a little off... I think 10% sounds right.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
dogd***** said:
well i got done with my MSF course and sent it in to progressive, yesterday i got my new quote in the mail. it saved me.......... $3 yeah $3 not a month, $3 freaking dollars total!!!! i am pissed. they love to jack up your rates but when you try and become a better rider and improve your skills they still screw u. RANT off............ :boid
$36/yr, how much do you pay out in the stick's?

and did you learn anything in the class?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I had progressive. They were charging me over 2K for my insurance (full coverage). I finished MSF and got some decent quotes from Bikeline and Geico.

Look at other companies and see what they can offer you.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Nice discount :headbang
I have State Farm, they dont give a break at all. I cant complain though, I only pay$450 a year anyway.

·
Registered
456 Posts
fuck progressive in PA they dont give you shit. i went ot liberty mutal and hooked me up with a decent rate.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I think the msf course saved me around 10-15% here in TX

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RACER X said:
$36/yr, how much do you pay out in the stick's?

and did you learn anything in the class?

i pay $49 a month. i got $3.00 off the total for the year. yes i learned stuff, that is why i took the class, i was jsut pissed that progressive screwed me. they even said it should be good for 10%. but whatever

mark

·
Registered
274 Posts
My husband and I isnure to 2 bikes ( 04 VFR- 02 GSXR 600 ) here in Virginia with State Farm and we both took the MSF it saved us about $100 a year we pay a total of about $550 per year for both of the bikes combined not to shabby considering neither uf us have clean driving records.
Here in Virginia some insurance agencies won't even insure you with out having taken the MSF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts