Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the MSF basic rider course this past weekend and passes. So this morning I was at DMV bright and early and got my motorcycle lisence and also registered my bike and got tags for it. So finally after 2 years of really wanting a bike I was able to take my first ride today (to work). But wow, what a feeling. I can't describe it but I def. think I'm hooked. I was hoping to get to take another ride this afternoon but the weather won out.

Also a special thanks to all the guys that preach about starting small and taking the MSF course. Prob 2 of the best decisions I've ever made.

now enough talking and more eye candy...

·
Registered
533 Posts
sounds like ur off to a good start, have fun, ride safe

watch out for old people and cellphone chatters and basically everyone on the road

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great looking bike man. I got to ride my friend's 500R home for him when he bought it a while ago.. very fun bike, and comfy too (plus with a pipe the 500 sounds pretty mean).

Have fun and ride safe man.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congrats man. Nice to see a new rider doing things the responsible way. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!

Jayson -

Glad you made it home safe & sound with the bike and congrats on passing your class! Enjoy your 500R - it served me well and will do the same for you as well!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Nice ride! :dblthumb

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. I'd recommend you avoid riding late at night (especially fri, sat) and anytime you have a bunch of other things on your mind - atleast until you're more comfortable with the bike. The last thing you need are distractions/drunk drivers to worry about.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Yeah I forgot to add gear. But don't worry I've been wearing all my gear.

Alvin, Thanks again for the deal on the bike. Everything has been going strong and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Wow, you've got a damn nice looking 500. I'm jealous. Got the 2-1 Muzzy system too.....nice work. I'll be feeling better when I get my Hindle system in. ;) Nice color though...wish mine were red.

·
Registered
584 Posts
TheHub02ss said:
Well, I took the MSF basic rider course this past weekend and passes. So this morning I was at DMV bright and early and got my motorcycle lisence and also registered my bike and got tags for it. So finally after 2 years of really wanting a bike I was able to take my first ride today (to work). But wow, what a feeling. I can't describe it but I def. think I'm hooked. I was hoping to get to take another ride this afternoon but the weather won out.

Also a special thanks to all the guys that preach about starting small and taking the MSF course. Prob 2 of the best decisions I've ever made.

now enough talking and more eye candy...

ditto here; :) +1

on the side note, I wish my bike had the same color on the lower faring as it is on top :( MIne is silver on top, but the lower part is black

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
nice bike man, i had an ex500 for my first bike. i remember those first few rides, it was and still is an absolute blast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts