Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just signed up for my MSF course in September. The classes at all the community colleges have been booked up since the beginning of the year. So I have to take it at the local Harley dealer. The bikes are Buell Blasts, and when I went on the Buell site they suggest getting a Firebolt XB9R as your first bike. Just thought that was funny, and you guys would get a kick out of it. As for me, I'm really excited about my class, and I am going to take my time finding the right bike. My friends that ride tell me that a lot of starter bikes start going up for sale once the riding season ends. And here in Detroit, thats in a couple months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i've read that before. thanks

and yeah, the riders edge is $320 i think... i dont know how many students are in the normal MSF classes, but i think these have a max of 10.

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow....320!!!

My MSF course cost 75 (tuition) + 15 (registration fee) = 90 bucks for everything.

But I hear ya about being excited about it. I signed up for my class back in may and the end of july was the first one I could get. I also recently found a nice deal on a 2002 Ninja ex250. $2k with 2400 miles and dropped over once in the garage. I'm pretty stoked about getting it and finally being able to use all this gear I've been buying all summer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hub- yeah, 320 is steep, but i would have to wait to try and get in a normal one next summer. so i figure ill just take it on the chin this time. i cant wait any more... anyway, congrats on your new bike, be safe!

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
I used the buell blast when I took the MSF.... Pain in the ASS.. it small bike. my knees were almost getting in the way of the handle bars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i'm signed up for july 24th for 180 :( I may change it because I don't think we're going under 100F for the next month :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordie said:
I used the buell blast when I took the MSF.... Pain in the ASS.. it small bike. my knees were almost getting in the way of the handle bars.
maybe i will finally get some advantage out of being a short italian kid after all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts