Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering in everyones area, what kind of wait time do you guys generally have to get into a MSF course? Thats the reason I have not taken mine yet, its a long wait here, with the limited courses. Right now i'm waiting for them to start another sign up for the next class locally, which they don't have a projected date for.

Thanks,
Richie

·
Registered
83 Posts
In MD, for the Baltimore area I had to enter a lottery; they didn't even take advanced registration. I didn't make any of 3 lotteries, so I started calling around in different areas and some were booked until next summer, and some had spots open the next week. I ended up signing up for one 2 weeks away (start tomorrow actually) and for $240 (some other places were $100). So in other words, it tends to be very crowded, but if you are willing to drive a little for a few days to take the class there might be something open, although I don't know how they do it in other states. Check your DMV website, they might have some info there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, thats exactly what i'm looking at doing myself. Just want to get in to learn some things, and get some new techniques to practice

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had to wait for a month and I paid $240.

If you're willing to do that, contact the local Harley dealer (you practice on a Touring-Sport Buell)

·
Registered
80 Posts
hehe i was lucky, i kept calling up my place adn they kept saying it was book so one day i was going to head up over there to pay the 240 for a weekend course some 2-3 months away, and they told me that there were 2 spots available the next week becasue these people dropped out so i was lucky and jsut put me in there. the best bet to get a close date is if you live around the place jsut stop by like every week when the first day is to be and see if there is any open spots

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called on July 15 and ended up taking the course on the weekend of the 23rd. I was first scheduled to take it Oct 1,2,3 so about a two month wait. But I asked the lady to pencil me in if someone cancelled earlier. She did....and I only ended up waiting a week. :headbang

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I had to wait about 6 weeks to get into mine in Mn. It was around $250 and to top it off it was at the end of Oct. 3 days before I was supposed to move to Phoenix, and what stunk was not even the cold, it started to snow, and we still had to finish the class. it sucked.. not the class, but the 6:30 am start time at 0 degrees and snowing. never again

·
Dude, where is my bike?
255 Posts
i gotta wait til Feb when the new schedule comes out over here..everything this year is completely full

·
Registered
80 Posts
good job on the price of it only half of what is usually charged for it. but yea that really sux that you actually have to wait till next year till it starts dont worry you will be all amped for in about a week or so before because i know i was. also did you try to be placed in a class jsut in case someone drops out... its a pritty good bet if you live close by

·
Registered
40 Posts
i waited 4 days...Miami/South Florida has a bunch of different locations and times offered every week...the one near me fills up quickly cuz its one of the only ones down in the homestead area, but the one up in Ft Lauderdale had 8 open spaces when i signed up and there was still 1-2 open spaces by the time the class started...it was during the week- $225

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
varies, try calling the school and see if there's a "stand-by" slot avail.........

$180 in TX

·
Registered
905 Posts
RACER X said:
varies, try calling the school and see if there's a "stand-by" slot avail.........

$180 in TX
i called the one here in houston that racer x teaches at, and they do it every weekend. ill be sseing you soon racer x.
:)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
cool, i'm teaching weekends of 8/6, 8/20, 8/28, 9/3, 9/17

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
3 months 75 bucks.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
In Louisiana: Courses 12 months of the year about $100. Wait ranges from 3 weeks to 2 months depending on location.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I didn't have to wait at all, I just chose and date and paid. Sounds like some of you guys have it rough. It's no wonder why there are so many squids out there, you've got to wait 3 months to take the BRC when it takes less than 3 hours to buy a new bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts