Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ. The price for the course here is $250. Can I go to Pennsylvania, where it's free, and take the course?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I took the MSF course in PA while I also lived in PA. I think you need to have a PA license to take the course in PA. I could be wrong...

·
Registered
569 Posts
$250? Wow.... what's the instructor to student ratio and where does all that money go?

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
I thought the MSF course was valid in all states? I took mine in Austin, TX and when I moved to Orlando,FL I just had them add it to my Florida license.

The course cost $100 bucks btw for two or three days.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Mykl said:
$250? Wow.... what's the instructor to student ratio and where does all that money go?
it's a fixed # across the country , w/ TX being the only state that allows 6/inst., everywhere else it's 4/inst

the cost is different from state to state, depending on how the program is budgeted......i heard minnasota has gotten real rider friendly cuz jesse ventura is a rider, and he rider pushed programs thru..

TX$180

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
no no... it's 6 / coach everywhere (at least it is here).... that's 12 people on the range with two coaches. I thought you had more people than 12 in your classes.

In MA you'll pay $275 for the BRC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, $250! I took it for free here in Illinois. Just 20 bucks to hold your spot, at the end you can get it back or let them keep it and get a t-shirt. I got the t-shirt. Either way, it is a great program.

·
Registered
569 Posts
RACER X said:
it's a fixed # across the country , w/ TX being the only state that allows 6/inst., everywhere else it's 4/inst

the cost is different from state to state, depending on how the program is budgeted......i heard minnasota has gotten real rider friendly cuz jesse ventura is a rider, and he rider pushed programs thru..

TX$180
ah, ok... if it's fours students for every instructor that makes sense. Now I remember there were eight of us in the class with two instructors.... that would then explain the cost, almost seems reasonable.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
ooops...my mistake it's 6/inst. except in tx you can go up to 8/inst. maxing at 12/ 2 inst.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea cuz there were 12 total in my class 2 instructors and i live in GA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts