Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Throat Puncher!
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some shoes or boots that cover the ankle. Any recommendations for some apparel that is relatively cheap? I don't want to spend a lot of money on boots right now, not until I can afford it.

·
...What speed limit sign?
244 Posts
Get some over the ankle steel-toed boots from walmart or payless. You'll spend around $30 for them and the toe will last alot longer than regular (not rider designed) boots or shoes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
go to walmart or something and get a cheap pair of boots. as long as they cover your ankles they wont really mind too much. i just finished the class. and as long as the boots cover your ankles they dont care.

·
Registered
139 Posts
^^^ +1, WALMART BOOTS ,GLOVES , JACKET TO START AND UNTILL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. I PERSONALLY WOULD ADVISE AGAINST STEEL TOE. they would be better protection but I've worn steel toes for work on a bike and I always hated not being able to feel the shifter.

Ive found allot of cheap gear on ebay. Joe rocket jackets for 70$ that normally sell for 120-150$. but you gotta do some shopping to know what your buying.

good luck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
+1 The MSF BRC course isn't that intensive. I wore timberlands to it. They just want to make sure you wear something to protect your ankle in case you twist/sprain it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts