Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My class starts in 3 days. I was wondering is there anything I should do to get ready for the class? I've got my helmet, gloves, boots, sweater, and jeans, but I won't need that till next saturday when I actually go out in the parking lot. The monday class is just inside a classroom. So is there anything I should do to prepare? This is my first msf class so i'm clueless as to what to expect. Is the classroom part just like any old class in college, listen to the instructor and take notes? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just show up w/ all your stuff on riding days and you should be fine. For the classroom portion I just showed up and that was all that was needed although you may want to have a pen/pencil and a notebook if you like to take notes. It's all easy stuff, much like drivers ed in high school. When your on the range you might want to bring some snacks and some water.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My little brother and I go in late September when its cooler out since you have to be in long sleeves and jeans. That and we won't be getting bikes until next summer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
bring a pillow, the classroom portion is pretty dry...Just make sure you know whats up before you decide not to pay attention. I was the only 1 in my MSF class that had my motorcycle license before i took the MSF. Riding the little Rebels is kinda fun though.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Bring a rain coat on the ride day just in case it rains.Ridding in the rain can suck and throw off your concetration.

·
Registered
418 Posts
TRocket said:
bring a pillow, the classroom portion is pretty dry...Just make sure you know whats up before you decide not to pay attention. I was the only 1 in my MSF class that had my motorcycle license before i took the MSF. Riding the little Rebels is kinda fun though.
I agree with Rocket. I could barely stay awake during the classroom portion of the MSF course. Easy stuff though. Dare I see even easier than one of those DMV written tests? All common sense for the most part.

Definitely bring some food and water or something to drink if you don't know for sure that you'll be able to buy something on the spot beforehand.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Get alot of rest, you're gonna need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts