Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this was covered before, but (even using the search function) I can't find it for some reason. On the Mr. Motorcycles site, which number is for the blue and which one is for the black??? I'm assuming that of the two numbers listed for fairings, the blue ones are probably the higher priced... but you know what they say about assuming. :rolleyes Can anyone confirm which is which for certain?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got some plastic from RonAyers.com...to find the correct part (color) numbers, I just had the Yamaha site open at the same time and simply cut and pasted the part numbers since Yamaha list the color with the number. I can't recall for sure, but it seemed like the blue part numbers were always listed AFTER the silver for a given part.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Burnspot said:
the blue part numbers were always listed AFTER the silver for a given part.
That would make perfect sense since the blue bikes are always behind the silver ones...... :urowned

·
Registered
251 Posts
FAZR6 said:
That would make perfect sense since the blue bikes are always behind the silver ones...... :urowned
Touche' :blowingup

Of course that's because the blue's fixing to lap 'em. :lol

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Burnspot said:
Touche' :blowingup

Of course that's because the blue's fixing to lap 'em. :lol
I would concede that you got me except that in order to lap me you must at some point have been in front of me. Nice try though! A+++++ :lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Everything is relative. If you're looking at the racetrack from behind the bikes, the silver one will indeed be seen first, then the blue one second.

Touche again.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Burnspot said:
...to find the correct part (color) numbers, I just had the Yamaha site open at the same time and simply cut and pasted the part numbers since Yamaha list the color with the number.
I didn't realize the parts catalogue was on the Yamaha site. :bitchslap Thanks for the heads up.

Turns out the parts for the silver bike are more expensive. Wonder why? The black fairing pieces aren't painted, are they?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
crx81 said:
I didn't realize the parts catalogue was on the Yamaha site. :bitchslap Thanks for the heads up.

Turns out the parts for the silver bike are more expensive. Wonder why? The black fairing pieces aren't painted, are they?
On the blue bikes, the colored portions of the fairing are tinted in the plastic. That is why they look purple and don't match. The colored portions of the silver fairing are painted and match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts