Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Hayabusa 2 weeks ago for commuting and fun riding. out playing around, i get around 42mpg average. commuting, i get 50mpg average and canot get it to go any higher. for the tank of fuel i currently have, i am only going to commute(or ride as if i was commuting) and do the math.

my question is, does the MPG reading go any higher than 50? or do i have it pegged?

·
5,455 Posts
i think you should be pretty happy with 50mpg. i REALLY have to baby my 600 to get that kind of mileage out of it. i normally get mid-high 40s though.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would say 50mpg for a 1300cc performance bike is pretty damn good.

I don't think I've ever seen higher than 47 or so on any of the bikes I've ever had sans the ex250.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see it nightly, i was just wondering if it goes higher. shifting at 3500 and putting around at the speed limit(or a little above :p) gets the job done for commuting.

yah i guess 50mpg isn't that bad for a bike that can push 180mph from the factroy :-D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Someone told me that "putting around" a streetbike is bad for the engine, to "lug" it such as shifting at such low RPMs..can someone clarify this rumor for me?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe at a point where the engine can keep the bike moving easily. for mine, anything under 2000 is too low, i try to stay around 3000rpm and i have no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts