Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having a problem with cookies while using Firefox to browse SBN? sportbikes.net related cookies are not being updated and I'm having to manually "mark forum as read" in order for new posts to appear properly. I have to log out with each visit, then log back in, to ensure I'm getting fresh cookies.

Anyone else?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This may have something to do with it. Don't know if this behavior is "normal" in IE or not.

I was using Fred's "mycookies.php" script to delete all my cookies, last ditch effort to purge any stale files. After selecting all cookies and deleting, I'm delivered back to the "mycookies.php" script, logged out...but with four cookies remaining. I select those...but I can't delete them. They won't go away. I wonder if the forum isn't updating those cookies for some reason. The cookies I can't delete are:

bblastactivity
bblastvisit
vbulletin_collapse
bbsessionhash

I'm going to manually wax those cookie files and see where that leaves me.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after manually deleting those files at least they seem to be updating the date/time stamp now. We'll see if new posts continue to be a problem.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Still sucks. Firefox isn't identifying posts as 'read' after I close my browser and all the little "New posts" images are present each time, even though there aren't new posts. I'll have to see if my Firefox installation at work behaves the same way.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked Firefox installations on two different machines now. Cookies allowing new posts to be identified are simply not being handled properly.

Final judgement:
Firefox + SBN = bad mojo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts