Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I will be moving to tampa in the next few weeks. I just have a few ? for ya all. How bad is insurance rates for a 600 bike? Do you have to get an inspection sticker like a bunch of other states. Im moving from Mich. and we have horrible insurance rates and we dont have to deal with the sticker stuff. Also will I get pulled over for no mirrors and stuff like that? Thanx guys I look forward to ridinng in the Florida sun :banana

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Kamikaze_R6 said:
I would say that State Farm has been really good to me. $200 a year full coverage with my deductible at $1000.

Man, that's a really high deductible though... how much difference in yearly cost would there be if you knocked it down to $500? I've noticed on my personal policies that it doesn't make much of a difference.

rocketjoe, if prices are high in Michigan, at least you won't be in for a shock as they tend to be high down here as well. No inspection to deal with, so that's a plus.

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
I have State Farm also, around 600 per year, 250 deduc. I'm a woman tho. No stickers, you need mirrors.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Florida is one of the highest states for insurance, and housing it seems. Be prepaired for sticker shock!!!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
moving to FL i'd be more worried bout house insurance vs. bike insur.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
I think you'll find it to be cheaper down here IMO. I knw housing is alot more up north but when I moved here my Insurance (StateFarm) went down a lil.

My insurance is cheap as ish anyway. 400 a year F.C. (750)
Hit us up when ya get down here. Have a good trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
do yourself a favor, Don't move to FL. Not a damn road to ride on (that's twisty). Too much traffic; cops suck; too fuc&kin' hot.

But that only my opinion

·
Come, ride the lightning!
319 Posts
ALIEN HERE

Hey 2Banger not all of us suck...

Hey Rocket, State Farm is the best price wise for insurance and no inspection sticker..

Cost me $800.00 a year for full coverage @ $100.00 Deductible..

ALIEN OUT

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
2banger said:
do yourself a favor, Don't move to FL. Not a damn road to ride on (that's twisty). Too much traffic; cops suck; too fuc&kin' hot.

But that only my opinion
I agree,I finally moved out of FL after 10 years,I will never live in that God forsaken state again.It sucks the life out of you.Must be all the old people.My insurance went down after I moved to GA.Again,must be due to all the old people down there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My insurance dropped almost $100 after moving here from Vegas. And..if you hate it here, try living in the desert for a while. 110 degree nights will make you appreciate it here!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
VegasBueller said:
My insurance dropped almost $100 after moving here from Vegas. And..if you hate it here, try living in the desert for a while. 110 degree nights will make you appreciate it here!

No doubt! The 2 weeks I spent there a few years ago was plenty for me.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah it is pretty damn hot here, and the insurance is pretty expensive from what I understand. The summer is retarded, it rains ALL the fucking time. And it comes out of nowhere too. It'll be super sunny with barely any clouds out. Twenty minutes later there's a tsunami flaring around so be careful with leaving your windows down!!! I think there IS riding here, it's just much harder to find than most other places.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I ride almost every day...and I wear full gear. It get's hot sitting still, but riding isn't bad. I have a vented Gerike(sp?) And it keeps me pretty cool. I manage to ride almost every day, but this week, the afore mentioned typhoons have screwed that up for sure! I have had to make a run for an underpass a time or two here. :lao

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
rocketjoe said:
Looks like I will be moving to tampa in the next few weeks. I just have a few ? for ya all. How bad is insurance rates for a 600 bike? Do you have to get an inspection sticker like a bunch of other states. Im moving from Mich. and we have horrible insurance rates and we dont have to deal with the sticker stuff. Also will I get pulled over for no mirrors and stuff like that? Thanx guys I look forward to ridinng in the Florida sun :banana

im MI relocatie as well, good luck in the move unless your from southfield your definatly going to be in housing sticker shock. The state of FL does not require any motorcycle insurance unless your finance company does.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ill be comming from Flint, the armpit of MI. You should know that if your from BayCity. Thanx for all the replys. Im just sick of the snow .

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Not having insurance will seriously fuck you over if you get in an accident. I've known people who had to take out SR-22 insurance because they caused a wreck on their bike and didn't have any insurance. And you'll probably lose your license (M endorsement AND regular DL). It isn't worth it.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
you do not want to operate a motorcycle on the streets of Florida without insurance...I don't know what your driving record looks like...I get full coverage, including medical (injury) with 500 deduct for under 50/month on my '04 F4i.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts