Sport Bikes banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Track Trash
1,313 Posts
I have arrived, but the bike won't be here until Monday.
Glad you made it. :cheers Hope the bike arrives OK.
It's too damn cold to ride anyhow. This is the coldest it has been so far this winter. They say -15 with the wind chill tonight.

·
Custom Title
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^yeah, wtf? I knew it was going to be cold, but tomorrow's high is supposed to be all of 13. I mean, come on!

·
Custom Title
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did Route 60 East > 16 South > 19 North > 60 West back to Charleston today. Was going to hit up 16 North but decided to wait until another day. 60 East sucks the big one until you get to Gauley Bridge. From there until 19 is nice, but I'll have to go back when there isn't snow/ice melting into the road everywhere. Hard to really commit hard to a turn with the possibility of ice somewhere along the way.

·
Custom Title
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't get on here very often but am from Charleston and have covered most of the back roads around there. You are in the middle of some good riding. Try 34 south from Hurricane to 3 east. You can ride 3 all the way to Beckley and then back up 77 to Charleston. Another good ride I79 up to Clendinin and follow 119 north to Spencer then 33 over to the Ohio River and back down 2 and 68 to Cross Lanes. For a real adventure take 60 east to Gauley Bridge and then 16 north to 39 east. You can follow 39 through the mountains all the way to Virginia.
You can pm me if you want to specific suggestions. I am located near Parkersburg about 90 miles north of you.
Do they charge a toll for a motorcycle? I don't want to keep fishing 1.25 out of my suit..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts