Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be moving to Orlando in 2 weeks... I was wondering if there is anyone in the area that's really good with mechanic work that would be willing to help me with a few things? My parents live in lakeland so anyone in that area would also work. I need to put new bearings/races in my steering head, and replace a fork seal on my SV650, and I'm told that it would save time to do them both at once. Anyone think they might be able to help? I'll be more than happy to provide some green paper for said services... I've just been getting tired of taking my bike to the shop!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
That would be central florida folks... we are three hours away from Orlando.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure whether Orlando fit into the FL forum or S. FL... thanks.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
But feel free to post in here anytime. Just that I am not sure how many here could help you physically with it being three hours away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Onetrick said:
That would be central florida folks... we are three hours away from Orlando.
I grew up in the Panhandle, and I thought for years that Gainesville was Central Florida and that Orlanda was South Florida. It really didn't sink in until I moved to Gainesville. This is one long freakin' state!

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
there are plenty of peeps in the Florida forum that could help you out. Many are very nice!

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys, I started a thread over there :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Lakeland...I think you are about halfway between O-town and Tampa. I wish I could recommend someone but if I could find numbers they are in Orlando...we used to work on our bikes, stay away from dealers.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Lakeland is where my parents are, I'll be living in Orlando. I'm really trying to keep my bike out of the shop. It's been in there SOOOO god damn much and my wallet just can't take it anymore. I do stuff on my own if I can but ya know, there's only so much I can do. Actually someone PMed me that lives in Auburndale and said he would help me with stuff if I needed. He seems like a nice dude, so hopefully that'll be all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts