Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
I would also like to know if these would work because if they did I would definitly buy them

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do they also sell a wheel balancer? I'm interested in these as well since I'm changing my tires once every 1.5~2 months.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, but keep in mind that in order for it to be effective that changer is going to have to be bolted down. Don't forget that you'll need some way to balance them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mykl said:
Yeah, but keep in mind that in order for it to be effective that changer is going to have to be bolted down. Don't forget that you'll need some way to balance them.

I'll be able to get a sheet of plywood to bolt it to, then weight it with whatever is heavy :D

I can use a 'generic' gravity method with 2 chairs to ballance it, or just take the mounted tire/wheel to a shop for a high speed ballance.

·
Registered
569 Posts
slingblade said:
I'll be able to get a sheet of plywood to bolt it to, then weight it with whatever is heavy :D

I can use a 'generic' gravity method with 2 chairs to ballance it, or just take the mounted tire/wheel to a shop for a high speed ballance.
I'm going to get some tire arns and learn how to do it the hard way. That way if I ever have an emergency on the side of the road that requires the removal or separation of the tire from the wheel for repair or replacement I'll have an idea of what I'm doing. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mykl said:
I'm going to get some tire arns and learn how to do it the hard way. That way if I ever have an emergency on the side of the road that requires the removal or separation of the tire from the wheel for repair or replacement I'll have an idea of what I'm doing. :)
I'll prolly have a good idea how to do it on the side of the road after doing the new tires with the 'real' thing. Or I'll remove the wheel, get a ride home, R&R the tire, then get a ride back and mount the wheel :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the tireqwik. Isn't the best tool in the world. Not great for skinnier rims. But it sure beats the heck out of a bench vise!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mykl said:
Where are you going to get a spare tire on the side of the road?? :dunno

1 - 11 of 11 Posts