Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boys at Motorcyclist apparently really like the K1200R (MOTY) in the latest issue.

·
Registered
347 Posts
BMW is doing a great job positioning themselves with their new offerings. I'm planning on getting a K1200S one day myself. Great bikes...

·
Registered
615 Posts
jim schmidt said:
That magazine deserves to go out of business.
+1

I don't even read any of the american motorcycle mags anymore.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
That magazine deserves to go out of business.
Why is that? MOTY isn't always about the fastest bike.

I think Motorcyclist is a damn good American magazine. It could be better, but I've seen a whole lot worse.
There's a lot of substance beneath the veneer.

Who else would've published The Roberts Chronicles? And the indepth coverage of the MotoCzysz project?
Alan Cathcart is arguably the preeminent motorcycle journalist in the world!
Mark Gardiner? Mich Boehm, Tim Carrithers, Patrick Bodden? Kevin Wing's photography...
Do you know who these guys are?

I had a beer with Patrick just a few hours ago in Old Town Alexandria. He's getting ready to go to France to cover the Bol d'Or.
Click the link if you've don't know what that is.
He writes his articles from his shop amongst a treasure trove of motorcycling history and racing memorabilia.

I've subscribed to Motorcyclist, SportRider, CycleWorld, RoadRacing World and Rider for years.
Used to get Cycle and Cycle Guide as well. I also get SuperBike, FastBikes, Bike, Performance Bike and Classic Bikes from the Uk.
And I pick up a few more here and there...

It's good to get perspective from many different sources. I don't always agree with everything they all say...
Hell, they contradict and disagree with each other all the time, but I learn something from all of them.
Especially the center section of SuperBike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts