Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did an oil change with the Motul that the Wife bought me and the shifting was no near as notchy be the age of the bike as well as 40km on it. Anyone else have this as well? It does seem to go though a bit more oil too compared to the yamalube. These bike to have a problem with oil consumption from what I am hearing.

Paul

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also use the 5100.It seems to break down a little quicker but it did improve the shifting on my R1 track bike.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
thinking of trying the repsol stuff........using castrol R4 5-30 right now.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
i use kawichem 20w50 or the non syn honda gn4 20w50 and i love them both and they cheap

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
97thunderace said:
Did an oil change with the Motul that the Wife bought me and the shifting was no near as notchy be the age of the bike as well as 40km on it. Anyone else have this as well? It does seem to go though a bit more oil too compared to the yamalube. These bike to have a problem with oil consumption from what I am hearing.

Paul
I used the 5100 last change and shifts were much smoother. The guy at the other Honda shop is trying to get me to use Amsoil instead...anyone else ever used Amsoil?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I use Castrol Syntec 10W40 and shifting is like a hot knife through butter. The bike has been running cooler(?) and overall engine noise has been reduced since changing from Motul to the Castrol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts