Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why dont more people wear motorcross type chest protectors? Those vests seem like they would help a lot with broken ribs, punctured lungs and some spinal protection.. They seem light weight, and are very affordable.. not to mention they look bad ass.. I'm thinkin bout pickin one up.. wont do shit to save skin, but a decent alternative to full gear on those hot days if you ask me..Whatcha think?

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
yeah, i just stick it out on the hot days, i have a cortech jacket, its pretty light weight and it has armor on the elbows lower back and shoulders. Im sure the motox stuff does pretty good, in my opinion it looks like robocop stuff to me, and i do like my skin.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about, the chest protectors my MX friends wear are made out of plastic. I don't see them helping much, they aren't really made to stop big impacts, mostly just to stop a handle bar from going into your chest ya know.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They were them for protection against debris flying up at the rider on a dirt track. They won't do much good if they come in contact with the pavement. Worse case scenario is the plastic shattering and the wearer getting impaled with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts