Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pictures of mine and how the FZ6 fits. I use 4 straps the first 2 I use once it is at the top are the handlebars with a cross over strap preventing the hooks from coming anywhere near the bike. The third I run under it to the pegs and the forth I route under the fenders and hook the back of the rail in holes provided. Sure it wiggles around a little when I go over bumps and turns but I have complete confidence it won't let go of my bike. The ramp has a space that it stores on ahead of the bike and requires no tools to use or store. Only a wrench and allen key to take it on and off of the hitch I usually have the ramp already off before I try to handle the thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your welcome I have been away from my laptop for weeks or I would have sooner. I have used it to take the bike or the truck in for service and I used it to bring the bike home from the dealer so far. Your right about hauling a trailer and what a pain that can be. I wouldn't hesitate to take it along on a long trip just to settle the back of the truck instead of carring balast anyway. This is only for one bike another company makes them for up to 4 bikes. Mototote.com pays the shipping on these in the US so Your getting a real bargan these days plus I had it is 4 days. This is the sport model they make another version M3 I think that has a continuous width rail but I liked the 5 to 8" taper it fits these tires really well.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Cool!...that's a tricky deal, but how in the hell do you get your bike up on it without possibly dropping it? :cry

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes nice setup I too was one that was consdiering this for trips in the summe r to the beach or other vacations without hauling out the trailer just for the bike. I too wonder the same thing how hard is it to get up there without dropping her :eek: and thanks for the pics. Also have you consider putting taillight onto the mototote cause it looks like the taillight are quite obstructed or is that just the angle of the pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WTVa said:
Yes nice setup I too was one that was consdiering this for trips in the summe r to the beach or other vacations without hauling out the trailer just for the bike. I too wonder the same thing how hard is it to get up there without dropping her :eek: and thanks for the pics. Also have you consider putting taillight onto the mototote cause it looks like the taillight are quite obstructed or is that just the angle of the pics.
I have the same remarks concerning the license plate...

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Eww your hauling it with a dodge? jk. I also see you have one hella expensive bumper on the back of that thing. If i did that and someone tailgated me, Id pull over and kill em!!!!

oh, nice setup. I like those but they are a little too much for my car!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm interested in these things too... don't have an FZ6 but saw this post :) How easy/hard is it to get the bike up, and does it sway at all?

·
Registered
155 Posts
That makes me want to go buy another truck. :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much is that? (Mototote, not the Ram :D )

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
got a hemi in it?? lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where does the ramp to get the bike up on there go? I too agree with the tail lights and license plate.

Nevermind......Note to self, read the website before you ask stupid questions!

Incase anyone else was wondering.... Light Kit

·
Registered
858 Posts
Jared said:
Where does the ramp to get the bike up on there go? I too agree with the tail lights and license plate.

Nevermind......Note to self, read the website before you ask stupid questions!

Incase anyone else was wondering.... Light Kit
LOL yeah found this picture of ramp attached to mototote and looks lik4 its around $490.00 bills :eek:
Still wonder how easy it is to get the bike up on it and how stable it is.. is this thing worth the money hmmm..

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the interest I'll try to answer all the questions. It's true the cost was about $500 but that is about a grand less than the cheapest single bike trailer I could find that requires registeration and huge space in the garage. This stores up against a wall in my garage or in the truck bed. The straight rail version is about $150 less and the weight rating of that one will hold the Fazer I just wanted a little extra load handling for the bumps plus the tapered rail does really fit better on the 7.5" back tire.
LOADING it is EASY! I'm not kidding single handing it with a bum knee is no problem just started rolling about 3 feet before the ramp and pushed it up the ramp. By the time the front wheel gets to the crest the back wheel is on and it just walks up plus you can't steer it off the rail. I grab one tiedown already attached to it in front and attach it to the bars and then the second one before letting go of the bike and snug them up a little at a time making sure the bike is staying vertical. Then I add the other 2 tiedowns and stow the ramp.

It does block the truck license plate like most trailers do anyway but both tail lights are visable above the bikes wheels looking from 20 feet back or more they are really easy to see (much easier with the fazr6 FE now installed). Yes the rail is predrilled for lights (on back order) or reflectors if you chose to add them not that anyone is going to miss that big Yamaha when they pull up behind you at the intersection.

For years I had a 2x6 ramp to the back of my truck bed before the tonnue cover that always took 2 or 3 people to load and unload any bike. With this Mototote I can single hand it "on and off" no problem since the handle bars are only at shoulder level at it's highest!. The great news about this is that Mototote offers 14 days money back to try it for yourself. I doubt anyone returns them, they are really well built.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You bet it has a HEMI in it!

·
Registered
858 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts