Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorists driving to distraction

Rawleigh Tremain
Fort Lauderdale
Posted May 15 2005


To those making complaints about motorcycle exhaust noise, I ask if you are bothered because it interrupts the phone conversation you have to make every time you get in your car, or did you poke your eye with the mascara wand when I drove by? Did the small dog-like creature riding in your lap get excited and spill your latte or was it the unleashed kids jumping around in the back seat?

As motorcycle riders, we have to stay alert. We see what's going on in your car.

Motorcyclists will modify their pipes or add custom exhaust pipes for a number of reasons. One is so that you -- in the car -- will have a better chance of noticing him or her. We enjoy riding and we enjoy life. The odds are already against us with so many distracted and inattentive drivers on the road, seemingly always in a rush.

Maybe you should slow down, pay attention and stop whining. Get a life and try to enjoy it. We have one and we do! Perhaps the first new laws we should look at are ones that actually help reduce the chance of an accident.

As a Harley rider, I'm in a group of folks that "Live to Ride" and we "Ride to Live." It'd be nice if the driver of an automobile felt the same. Can you hear me now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
you know what I was starting to get aggrevated on my way up because I only got to maybe pass a total of 20 cars on the right. Only reason is bothered me is I would have enjoyed the chance to lean and break up the monatony, that and just cruising the left forever leads to tickets.

but its was more like if I was 5 car lengths behind someone they squeezed into the first spot they could to let me through. I was dumbfounded, this didnt happen untill north of Fort Lauderdale and WPB of course. So err... Thank You alert car Drivers
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
383 Posts
Onetrick said:
Motorists driving to distraction

Rawleigh Tremain
Fort Lauderdale
Posted May 15 2005


To those making complaints about motorcycle exhaust noise, I ask if you are bothered because it interrupts the phone conversation you have to make every time you get in your car, or did you poke your eye with the mascara wand when I drove by? Did the small dog-like creature riding in your lap get excited and spill your latte or was it the unleashed kids jumping around in the back seat?

As motorcycle riders, we have to stay alert. We see what's going on in your car.

Motorcyclists will modify their pipes or add custom exhaust pipes for a number of reasons. One is so that you -- in the car -- will have a better chance of noticing him or her. We enjoy riding and we enjoy life. The odds are already against us with so many distracted and inattentive drivers on the road, seemingly always in a rush.

Maybe you should slow down, pay attention and stop whining. Get a life and try to enjoy it. We have one and we do! Perhaps the first new laws we should look at are ones that actually help reduce the chance of an accident.

As a Harley rider, I'm in a group of folks that "Live to Ride" and we "Ride to Live." It'd be nice if the driver of an automobile felt the same. Can you hear me now?
Very well said :beer
 

·
From back in da' day
Joined
·
2,777 Posts
I loved the look on peoples faces when i roared by on the RR that time the can broke off. You wanna talk about loud pipes...that shit made my ears bleed!!
 

·
Ducatista
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
That was excellent right up till he said he rode a Harley :lao J/K
 

·
From back in da' day
Joined
·
2,777 Posts
Snowman said:
That was excellent right up till he said he rode a Harley :lao J/K

:lao :eek:nfloor i knew i wasnt the only one who noticed that....i just didnt wanna ruin the "mood" :urowned
 

·
Female Butt Lover!!
Joined
·
3,640 Posts
Toadster600 said:
Well Put.....I was dissapointed by the Title I thought it was going to be a story about Road Head!
Print your own story!! :lao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG Todd....
 

·
Ducatista
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Go TOAD go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
Juggalo said:
you know what I was starting to get aggrevated on my way up because I only got to maybe pass a total of 20 cars on the right. Only reason is bothered me is I would have enjoyed the chance to lean and break up the monatony, that and just cruising the left forever leads to tickets.

but its was more like if I was 5 car lengths behind someone they squeezed into the first spot they could to let me through. I was dumbfounded, this didnt happen untill north of Fort Lauderdale and WPB of course. So err... Thank You alert car Drivers

Yes , but you were on the turnpike were you not? I have found that the drivers who pay a toll and drive long distance are usually better drivers. Now that has changed some over the years but for the most part it still holds true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Tusk said:
Yes , but you were on the turnpike were you not? I have found that the drivers who pay a toll and drive long distance are usually better drivers. Now that has changed some over the years but for the most part it still holds true.

I hear ya...I notice that when driving to and from Palm Beach...TP people actually tend to have more of a clue...95 full of...those who pay less attention <trying to be nice here>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
Tusk said:
Yes , but you were on the turnpike were you not? I have found that the drivers who pay a toll and drive long distance are usually better drivers. Now that has changed some over the years but for the most part it still holds true.
That is true, all the ghetto people are on the 95 & 595 :lao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Chinygyal said:
That is true, all the ghetto people are on the 95 & 595 :lao
I was trying so hard not to say it...my words were more along the lines of broke ass MoFos! :eek:nfloor
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top