Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few buddies planned what we hope is a sweet medium journey through some beautiful backroads and country. We are starting out in Syracuse NY, going up towards Old Forge, Lake George (Adirondacks), then heading North up to Burlington VT. Crossing over some small towns tracking SE all the way through VT to NH then to Concord where we will stay the night. Then take a lower track back west through NH and VT to Syracuse. We are doing about 730 miles in 2 days roughly. Stopping all along the way to enjoy it. My question is to anybody living near these areas, Anything I should stop and see in burlington, or montpeiler, Concord? Any sites, cool areas? Only time I went to VT was on skiing trips to Killington, had a blast. Passed through NH briefly to go to Maine, but never really explored these beautiful clean states. Thanks for any input.

Dan
04 Gix 6 Blue/white
M2 Two Bros Carbon Bolt On

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I was wondering when they are going, because if I am not working I would be willing to meet them up in vermont and join them for the trip.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Can't answer your specific questions, but was partly in that general area (Lake George NY, parts of Conn and Mass) back in June. Sure wish I had my bike. The roads and scenery were beautiful!!

The only negative was that the sportbike riders were much less likely to be wearing any gear compared to the cruiser riders. :confused:

·
Registered
558 Posts
if you go north of concord on 93 in Nh you'll start gettin into the mountains, there you can stop and see old man in the mountain(although I heard it fell off.. not sure), the flume gorge, the basin, all sorts of touristy shit up there.. I used to live in manchester so we used to ride up to northern Nh all the time.. great roads, but theres no helmet laws so you prolly wont see anyone wearing a helmet all day.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Neverlose said:
if you go north of concord on 93 in Nh you'll start gettin into the mountains, there you can stop and see old man in the mountain(although I heard it fell off.. not sure), the flume gorge, the basin, all sorts of touristy shit up there.. I used to live in manchester so we used to ride up to northern Nh all the time.. great roads, but theres no helmet laws so you prolly wont see anyone wearing a helmet all day.
Old man of the mountain did fall off, so you cant see him anymore. Still a good road to ride though. And I would say a majority of the people I pass have no gear on. I think I am only the second person I have ever seen wearing full leathers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was just up in the Adirondacks (stillwater reservoir) 2 weekends ago...OMG the roads are amazing there! You'll have a blast. Watch out for wild life though, the animals up there wont think twice about taking you out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Old Forge area has a lot of nice twisties for riding, and the roads are fairly good. I spend every July 4th in Blue Mtn. Lake, and I can't wait until next summer so i can take my bike and ride in that area. Definetly watch out for wildlife , there are a lot of bears, and dear in that area. Have fun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys

Yeah I have been up Rt 28 into Old Forge, Inlet, Blue Mountain area many times, love it up there. Yeah you guys are right, wildlife is our biggest enemy in that area! We are leaving Syracuse around 9am this Friday. Then go up through the Adirondacks and stop in Lake George around 12-1ish for lunch. From there going to Burlington North from Lake George should get there maybe 3ish, stop for a little bit, and then drive from there SE down across VT and into NH to Concord where we will stay the night. Could get there anywhere from 6-9ish, depending how many times we stop or deviate. Then from Concord Sat morning leaving in the morning 9-10ish, do a BeeLine west across the lower portion of NH and Vermont and eventually right into the Thruway for the last Leg. I am not to familiar with Vermont but if anybody wants to meet up, I could try and give you an approx time, we wouldn't mind the company. Anyways, thanks for the input guys.

Dan
04 Gix 6 Blue/White
M2 Two Bros Carbon Bolt-on

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It may be possible for me to join in on the friday part of the ride, but I have work on saturday so I wouldn't be able to swing that.

On thursday I made plans to ride up that way myself into VT but I may change that to NH and make my way up to the Kanc for thursday and see how it looks friday and will maybe meet up with you guy somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts