Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to find motorcycle retail values? I crashed my 2004 F4I Thur. night and am pretty sure it is totalled, I want to get all the research done so I can have it on hand when the insurance company trys to screw me! I am allright just a couple bruises and a little road rash but the bike is toast! The exhast hit the swing arm and gouged it and trashed the exhaust system, the front wheel is bent, all the fairings are damaged, the seat is bent and torn, the tank is scratched, part of the rear seat support where the seat attaches got torn off, The metal support for the mirrors broke off on the RH side, the front fender is crooked and scratched, lets just say it aint pretty! Also do you think the insurance company will pay for the helmet? I had a pretty much brand new ICON Mainframe that I paid 250.00 for that is trashed as well!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
check www.kbb.com it's Kelley's Blue Book and just click motorcycle values and decide if you want the trade in value or expected retail.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did KBB and NADA, KBB seemed awefully low, and both of them only showed fair or good condition! This bike only had 4000 miles and was 6 months old! It didn't have a scratch on it!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
They will only pay what the book value shows and sometimes they have been known to go even lower than the book says. If you ask the insurance company why it is so low compared to what you paid for it they will more than likely say because you are comparing book value to retail price, the book doesn't take into consideration the dealership fees, shipping, tax, registration and stuff like.

·
Registered
236 Posts
To answer your other question, yes they will pay for your helmet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good cause that helmet was expensive! I was talking to a guy with a busa that laid his down a year ago and they totaled it, he has the same insurance company that I do and he got them to pay for the freight and set-up as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are lucky try to convince them to go by "fair" market value... which is seriously inflated. Everybody advertises 2001 F4 for like $7000 CAD when you can really buy the bike for $5000 if you look carefully enough.

than take your 7 grand cheque go buy a bike and some brand new gear ! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts