Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan to buy a bike in the next few weeks and I have not decided if I want to try and get a new one or a used bike. I will be getting a 1000, currently leaning towards the R1, with the CBR 1000 RR a close second. I would take a deal on a ZX10 or a GSXR 1k, but it would have to be a better deal. Right now, I am seeing deals for new ZX10's (08) for like $8500 plus TTL etc. and thinking I might do that as it sounds like a smoking deal. Really I just want the best bang for the buck, comfort, and looks. I ride within my limits (read: slow as a scared little girl :) ) and just want to get back on two wheels.

My main question about the show though (coming this weekend in DFW) is this. Are there better deals, manufacturer rebates, etc to be had at the show or is it the same as a dealership? I ask because I bought my boat at the show and saved over 10k, just curious if the shows offer this type of markdowns?

Also, since I am new here and I am sure everyone is going to ask... I have been riding since 1996 but not for the last 3 years. Had a GSXR 600 for 9 years so I know how to ride and want a 1000.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I love the Yucks, but what I hate about the R1 is that you're sitting on the pipe. The CBR solved this problem.

Can't wait for the R1 engineers to get it together and at least offer the low pipe option.

Sitting on pipes is ok for racers, but, for me, not OK for all around good riding as they get HOT in hot weather. Hate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... I had never thought of the heat bothering me. In fact, one of the things I have really wanted on the bike I get is undertail exhaust cause I love the way it looks. I also like the Moto GP style, but prefer the undertail.

·
The chick on the Beemer!
455 Posts
The international motorcycle show is just a show... you can sit on the bikes and touch them, but you can't buy a bike there. It is like a car show. THey might advertise manufactorer financing deals but you can't actually buy there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I know from past and present experience that if you are carrying a passenger, the under the seat exhaust is very uncomfortable for them. I had a '06 kawasaki 636 with the exhaust under the seat and my wife would always complain about how hot it was. I don't think the seat was actually the problem. They had that packed pretty well with insulation. She didn't like the heat that was exiting out the side of the bike going up her legs. We now ride a 08 cbr 1000rr with the exhaust on the side. Now I can't keep her off the bike!! It is much better on the side

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here is a list of places to get $2 off coupons:

http://dealerlist.motorcycleshows.com/CouponForm/ShownameListDisplay.asp?shwn=41

My '06 CBR600 had the undertail exhaust and she never complained about the heat. The issue with my bike was the engine area vented most to my left knee/thigh, and in the Texas summer heat, I would have sweat dripping by the time I made the 7 mile trip home. After getting the bike I read some reviews about that issue with the 2006 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts