Sport Bikes banner

Motorcycle Poll - Tank or Tail Bag.

1K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  OldSchlPunk 
#1 ·
Tail bag

Tail bag.

Pros: Better storage for helmet, gloves, vest and other items I take to work daily.

Cons: Bunjee cords may scratch paint.

Magnetic Tank Bag

Pros: Quick and convinient.

Cons: Minimal storage.

See less See more
#5 ·
I like the tank bag. I use mine on longer rides or when working

#10 ·
I have a Chase Harper expandable tank bag. it will collapse down small when you don't need the full volume, but it will also expand to hold a lot more than the tank bag in your picture. I also have a set of soft, sportbike saddlebags. I rarely use either except when I'm on a trip somewhere.

#16 ·
Actually they make a single strap backpack now that fits over my JR jacket nice. Looks like a grenade bandolier. Has a belly strap that clicks in so the pack dosen't go flapping around on the highway. Hardly notice it is on after a few minutes of riding. Eddie Bauer makes it.

#17 ·
I use a backpack with a laptop specific compartment for when I'm riding to work and need to bring my laptop home. In fact, the backpack is so much more comfortable to carry than my computer bag that now I only use it to carry my pc, whether I'm riding or not.

I have a magnetic tank bag for longer rides or for going to work when I don't have to take my pc home. The tank bag is more convenient than a tail bag or backpack: I can easily get into it at a light, and it's got a map-pocket which is also handy for my ePass.

#19 ·
I use a tank bag everynight to get to work. I plan on getting a tail bag soon and use that and my tank bag for trips. I use my bike for more than just 'sport' riding. I am on my bike where ever I go, unless it is just impossible or my family is with me. (and sometimes than, too. But the wife hates when I take the bike and she is in the car. :) )

#20 ·
Have tankbag and tailpack. Tankbag is used only when I'm going to cornerwork at the track, tailpack is everyday usage. Have been known to use a backpack on occasion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.