Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tail bag

Tail bag.

Pros: Better storage for helmet, gloves, vest and other items I take to work daily.

Cons: Bunjee cords may scratch paint.

Magnetic Tank Bag

Pros: Quick and convinient.

Cons: Minimal storage.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i have both (not the ones posted)..........i use the tank bang for daily commutes........and the tail for long trips.

·
loner
201 Posts
of the two, i'll go with the tail bag. tank bags just aren't comfortable for me. however, for the daily commute to work, i use a Kreiga backpack.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the tank bag. I use mine on longer rides or when working

·
Registered
615 Posts
Niether, go with a backpack.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Blackduc said:
Had/have a backpack and it just doesn't feel comfortable over my JR jacket.

Does anyone have a tank bag similar to the one I posted? How much can you actually store in it?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I do a backpack and saddle bags when needed. You can usually loosen backpacks to fit over the jackets but I am sure some just don't fit. Anyway, if I had to choose from the two your lookin at I'd go with the tail bag. I don't like stuff in my way up front.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a Chase Harper expandable tank bag. it will collapse down small when you don't need the full volume, but it will also expand to hold a lot more than the tank bag in your picture. I also have a set of soft, sportbike saddlebags. I rarely use either except when I'm on a trip somewhere.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Blackduc said:
+1 If it doesnt fit in the backpack it doesnt come with me. IMO the tank/tail/saddle arent too appealing on a sportbike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't think of the brand right now, but the tail bags that use the rear seat latch to be held in place seem great.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I've never used either, I'm lucky I guess. And a 6-inch subway fits in my tailsection! When I go riding, it's either for a blast in the canyons or a quick shot to work.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I have a VERY thin sharkskinz tail so I cant hold any weight back there so I go with the tank backpack combo, I carried a 850 cold cranking amp battery in a backpack on a bike once that sucked

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually they make a single strap backpack now that fits over my JR jacket nice. Looks like a grenade bandolier. Has a belly strap that clicks in so the pack dosen't go flapping around on the highway. Hardly notice it is on after a few minutes of riding. Eddie Bauer makes it.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I use a backpack with a laptop specific compartment for when I'm riding to work and need to bring my laptop home. In fact, the backpack is so much more comfortable to carry than my computer bag that now I only use it to carry my pc, whether I'm riding or not.

I have a magnetic tank bag for longer rides or for going to work when I don't have to take my pc home. The tank bag is more convenient than a tail bag or backpack: I can easily get into it at a light, and it's got a map-pocket which is also handy for my ePass.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would choose the tank bag out of the two, but prefer a backpack.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use a tank bag everynight to get to work. I plan on getting a tail bag soon and use that and my tank bag for trips. I use my bike for more than just 'sport' riding. I am on my bike where ever I go, unless it is just impossible or my family is with me. (and sometimes than, too. But the wife hates when I take the bike and she is in the car. :) )

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Have tankbag and tailpack. Tankbag is used only when I'm going to cornerwork at the track, tailpack is everyday usage. Have been known to use a backpack on occasion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts