Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Chicago on a business trip next month and I'm looking to stay at nice hotel Downtown. I'll be making a 8 hour ride to Chicago on my bike. I've heard that in addition to the expensive parking rates, some hotels will not let motorcycles park in their garages or parking structures. Does anyone have experience with staying at downtown Chicago hotels with their bike? Any motorcycle friendly hotels, maybe with preferred up front parking? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i lived downtown for the past 5 years...i've seen a lot of bikes in the city, but never heard of anything like that. i can understand that they won't valet park the bike...but im sure they'd let you park in their garage. i do know of two hotels that definitely allow bikes (i've stayed there while visiting)...they are the Hard Rock and the Hotel Intercontinental. They are both downtown, in fact only across the river from each other.

the other thing...i dont know how the roads are in michigan, but in chicago, they are terrible...so many potholes and bumps, you'll feel them.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
i suggest staying in a motel, asking for a ground floor room and just roll your bike inside with you. I've done that many times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts