Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Dammit, I am so sick of reading this crap. Why can't people just frikken learn? I figured by now people would have realized that shit like this just isn't worth it. Honestly, what kind of moron decides he's gonna go riding drunk? What kind of dipshit does 70mph on a city street? Why don't people just realize that doing that kind of stuff is NOT COOL, it doesn't make you any more of a "man" or a "badass." So what's the fucking point? I'm sorry, I'm just getting fed up with reading these kind of stories.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sucks to hear that even if he should not have been on the bike.

·
Registered
646 Posts
TC...i dont mean to sound exploitative, but can you show any of the pics? Im sure it would be great for all the noobs who want to start on gsxr's as their first bikes.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I agree, I think it would help noobs and experienced squids alike. Sometimes people need to be "shocked" into realizing they need to change. Then, there are those who never learn, and end up like this guy.

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
TexasCop said:
Oh, and he was wearing all his gear for all you gear nazis out there. :)
I am sure the PC gear cops on this forum will be distressed by this news. As I have said before, gear won't help you from the kind of accident that I fear - hitting a solid object squarely. If you want to wear a helmet and leathers - great, but don't be disillusioned as to what protection they afford.

·
Registered
498 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
I am sure the PC gear cops on this forum will be distressed by this news. As I have said before, gear won't help you from the kind of accident that I fear - hitting a solid object squarely. If you want to wear a helmet and leathers - great, but don't be disillusioned as to what protection they afford.
As one of those "gear nazis", I know full well the protective power of gear becomes less and less certain when impacts with solid objects are involved. I have no illusions about that. Nothing could have saved this guy and he was dead the moment he swung a leg drunk over a motorcycle. Blunt force trauma is blunt force trauma. Wrap a car around the same pole and fatal results are a real possibility as well. Bike impact merely made it quicker instead of a few hours later in some trauma bay after sawing you out of your car.

You're probably one of those "gear is too hot to wear" nazis. To each their own.

·
Registered
765 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
The only object that should be hit squarly, if any, is the pavement. I can guarantee you that gear will prevent the majority of injuries from occuring - if the person gets on their back, keeps their head up, and slides feet first. On the street, anything can happen and there are many obsticles that may be hit in a 'get off'. Gear will not help in the event you hit a pole, street sign, etc that may cause broken bones. BUT, it will keep you from getting lacerations that may be induced otherwise.

I am not a "gear nazi", just someone who knows the benefits first-hand and has seen what happens without gear. I prefer my after-effects to those of gearless riders. I like my skin to stay in the regions it was created. :D In the end, it is personal choice (just like helmets in certain States), and you have to ride in whatever manner and with whatever gear you deem prudent. Ride safe. :)

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Being a gear nazi myself, no one has ever said that wearing proper gear will protect you from every crash. But if things like hardened boots, full leathers, gauntlet style gloves, didn't protect us from most crashes why would they require it at EVERY racetrack out there (no, 1/4 mile strips don't count as race tracks). What this guy did was completely stupid and it's his fault he died, gear or not, it wouldn't have mattered. HE FLEW SHOULDER FIRST INTO A DAMN LIGHT POLE!

·
Registered
28 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Dammit, I am so sick of reading this crap. Why can't people just frikken learn? I figured by now people would have realized that shit like this just isn't worth it. Honestly, what kind of moron decides he's gonna go riding drunk? What kind of dipshit does 70mph on a city street? Why don't people just realize that doing that kind of stuff is NOT COOL, it doesn't make you any more of a "man" or a "badass." So what's the fucking point? I'm sorry, I'm just getting fed up with reading these kind of stories.
Some guys just have to much testosterone for there own good

·
Registered
18 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
As I have said before, gear won't help you from the kind of accident that I fear - hitting a solid object squarely.
im in the same boat .. i rock gear all the time , but my #1 fear is hitting a solid object and that being game over .. i would rather roll and tumble for 100ft than fly in the air and hit something solid ... or blunt force ....

thats why when i ride i always check my surroundings like i even think wheelie if i see guardrails or telephone poles around

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
be careful what you do because Death is a "one time only" experience and there are no "do-overs"...

I just don't get why some people get on a high-powered motorcycle and absolutely lose all common sense about high speeds and cause and effect issues?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
KatanaMike said:
be careful what you do because Death is a "one time only" experience and there are no "do-overs"...

I just don't get why some people get on a high-powered motorcycle and absolutely lose all common sense about high speeds and cause and effect issues?
Sounds like in this case it was the booze that caused him to lose all common sense. The problem was that he was drunk and drove. If he had been in a cage, he likely would have crashed as well, but the end result might not have been so final.

What makes no sense is why an experienced rider would put himself in the position of riding drunk?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts