Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finally Riding
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

So I made a thread a while back: http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/394178-waste-motorcycle.html#post3616951

I had a feeling this would happen considering we were riding home he was trying to pull wheelies on the street. This is with a whoping 300miles of experience. I tried to tell him he needs more miles under his belt, but he just wouldn't listen. On the way home from the dealer he told me he hit 100+. You know, the first time EVER on a bike.

Long story short, the dude was in a wreck and I haven't seen himin over a month. I don't have his number and nobody at works seems toknow exactly what happened. Is there a place online I can look up motorcycle wrecks? I'd like to know what happened.

Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
...Try the local obituaries...

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
go to the local PD's...

...or just put your ear to the street harder? Ask around.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
go to the local PD's...

...or just put your ear to the street harder? Ask around.
This. There should be some record of an accident. Or, you could just find the guy's phone number by looking him up on google or facebook or something.

·
Registered
359 Posts
To recap: In April, a co-worker of yours bought a 500 Ninja on your recommendation but didn't ride it much. In fact, by mid-June he had only 278 miles compared to your 1600 miles in the same length of time.

But the guy is apparently a real tool who claimed to have hit 100mph on the way home from the dealer when he had exactly zero riding experience. Then at a later date when you were riding together--he with just 300 miles under his belt--he was pulling wheelies. And now he has crashed and hasn't been at work in over a month.

You might be able to find something in a news archive. Go to the Dallas Morning News and search their archives for "motorcycle". Big papers like that usually charge a couple of bucks for older stories. (FYI, I did that search and found a July 13 crash. The free story excerpt said that a 20-year-old man from Dallas whose initials were "RP" was killed when he hit a wall on an overpass.) Try other sources too. Some TV stations report stuff like traffic accidents pretty well.

But this story raises another issue: How far does a good beginner bike go toward keeping a new rider reasonably safe? Not very far, it seems. Would this guy have been any worse off on a Gixxer? Maybe not. It could be that the danger isn't in the bike one chooses, but in the attitudes of the rider.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Keep us updated on what you find out. I hope that news report wasn't about your friend from work. It is strange how he disappeared and nobody knows what happened to him.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Long story short, the dude was in a wreck and I haven't seen himin over a month. I don't have his number and nobody at works seems toknow exactly what happened. Is there a place online I can look up motorcycle wrecks? I'd like to know what happened.

Thanks
try harder, your employer should have contact information.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
I grabbed the ton with less than a 1000 miles on a motorcycle. I'm such a tool. God, please let me live long enough to wise up. However, it was done on one of the finest machines ever created. A BMW K75. A fine, fine machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts