Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on business in OKC last week and came to a underpass with a concrete apron. Park all the way near the top of the incline(25-30ft) was an OKC MC cop running radar. He had his bike leaned over against the Concrete apron as a kickstand.

He radared a sportscar that just passed me, He put away his radar in his saddle bag and negotiated the very steep downhill incline with ease. Then proceeds to stop the car.

I was thinking there was no way in hell I would even try that one. On either my dirt or street bike, this guy was on a Police Harley no less. :2eek

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
They seem to leave me alone, I find myself waiving to them then saying to myself, shit that was a cop!.. but the always just keep on truckin...

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Some of the motorcyle police around here (SoCal) can be pretty impressive, but I've never seen anything like that!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I've seen them here in WI, they are pretty cool towards fellow riders, at least in my perspective. Or maybe I just get away with stuff because I'm a girl rider!! :)

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Thrash1 said:
I was driving on business in OKC last week and came to a underpass with a concrete apron. Park all the way near the top of the incline(25-30ft) was an OKC MC cop running radar. He had his bike leaned over against the Concrete apron as a kickstand.

He radared a sportscar that just passed me, He put away his radar in his saddle bag and negotiated the very steep downhill incline with ease. Then proceeds to stop the car.

I was thinking there was no way in hell I would even try that one. On either my dirt or street bike, this guy was on a Police Harley no less. :2eek

It's called training...Moto cops go through some serious training before they are allowed on the street...unlike civilians who can saddle up a busa with no training and light it up on the streets...

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Was that on I-35? They're always there and there's usually two of them.

Why two you may ask? So that when they cruise down the street side-by-side, the two bikes will take the form of a regular car and can easily be seen by other motorists. Gee-whiz!

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
no kidding.. I saw a Harley Bike Cop ride up, and then down, the grass slope next to an overpass, about 30 degree slope.. on the grass.. like it was nothing..
Also, for parades, or something, they ride those big-ass bikes at half a mile per hour, and dont even seem like they are balancing it.. they gotz skills.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Back in Mass, I always thought they were dickheads.

I passed one in Maryland not too long ago as I was doing 95mph. He didn't seem to mind which is cool with me. :)

·
Aww cinnamon an' gravy!
107 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:
I've seen them here in WI, they are pretty cool towards fellow riders, at least in my perspective. Or maybe I just get away with stuff because I'm a girl rider!! :)
That's weird, down here in New Mexico the motorcycle cops are dicks, I wave to each and every one of em since theyre fellow riders after all and they never wave back they just glare at me like I'm about to downshift and take off or somethin'.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
I have both a cruiser and sportbike, and to tell you the truth, the cruiser, although heavier, is much easier to manuever than the sportbike. I can turn my cruiser in a full circle going just a few miles per hour without the use of my feet on the ground. Can't do that on my sportbike...:dunno:

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
harleyxlc said:
Some of the motorcyle police around here (SoCal) can be pretty impressive, but I've never seen anything like that!

CHP hitting the twisties :twofinger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts