Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I don't want to start another "Do you wave at cops on bikes" thread but anyway...

I was passing through a side street and a local motorcycle cop actually initiated the wave! I was shocked! Not only a HD rider, but a cop too! He nodded and I didn't react not knowing that it was directed at me, and then proceeds to shake his hand violently at me, as if angred by the fact that he didn't receive any acknowledgement! And yes I waved back. :cheers

Oops. Next time I'll wave!

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
I'm new, so I can pretend not to know about all the other "waving at cops" threads :)

Up until last month, a Harley was my only bike...I have had several cops wave back, but none started it.

And honestly, as I cruise around SoCal on my Harley, I get many more waves from sportbikes than other Harleys...bunch of snobs :)

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Yea I was suprised once too, two motorcycle cops went by me the other way and one of them waved and nodded at me first, so I waved and nodded back. First time that ever happened! LOL

Half the Harley people I wave at never wave back :upyours The Goldwing people usually always wave back though

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Sure, why not, all the ones I have waved at wave back

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I don't stumble upon many motocops in my neck of the woods. But when I do, I usually initiate the wave with a sarcastic wave. I usually get either a regular wave or a head shake. :dunno

·
Registered
18 Posts
thirdgenlxi said:
Yea I was suprised once too, two motorcycle cops went by me the other way and one of them waved and nodded at me first, so I waved and nodded back. First time that ever happened! LOL

Half the Harley people I wave at never wave back :upyours The Goldwing people usually always wave back though
The cruisers usually don't wave back either, Maybe just me but I would be tempted to give the cops the middle finger wave.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dkissy said:
The cruisers usually don't wave back either, Maybe just me but I would be tempted to give the cops the middle finger wave.
Good idea. That will win them over. :rolleyes

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
I ride both and I wave at everybody. I find that the custom bike riders are the worst, then the Harley guys...

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've stopped waving at cops. They never wave back and seem kinda pissed for some reason.

I transfered the energy of waving at cops to waving at scooters :grinbounc

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i get waves all the time, from every kind of rider, i always return them no matter what the other bike is.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I wave to cops sometimes they wave back sometimes they don't, occasionally they'll wave first.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Lift your wheel off the ground and when the cop pulls you over, just tell him you wanted to wave but didn't feel safe taking your hand off the bar.

mikem317 said:
Sorry, I don't want to start another "Do you wave at cops on bikes" thread but anyway...

I was passing through a side street and a local motorcycle cop actually initiated the wave! I was shocked! Not only a HD rider, but a cop too! He nodded and I didn't react not knowing that it was directed at me, and then proceeds to shake his hand violently at me, as if angred by the fact that he didn't receive any acknowledgement! And yes I waved back. :cheers

Oops. Next time I'll wave!

·
Registered
34 Posts
What most folks don't understand is that the one finger wave is the universal distress signal that cops are geneticaly programed to investigate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wave at anything, im just happy to be on 2 wheels, haven't had the chance to wave at a motocop yet, I guess thats a good thing? Im thinking about starting to wave at regular cops in their cages, just so if I do get pulled over, they might remember I was the only sportbike to wave at them. :) then again, the city of round rock and the state of texas are pressing charges for some bs on me, so f-em!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
HamG said:
I ride both and I wave at everybody. I find that the custom bike riders are the worst, then the Harley guys...

Last time I was out, I was amazed at who I got waves from - a custom chopper guy, most of the Harley guys, some even from 4 lanes over and across a median. I thought about pulling over to make sure I wasn't on fire or something.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i wave at everyone,cruisers and sportbikes.when i m on my cuiser i have had sportbikes not wave back,and on my sportbike some cruisers dont wave.so it works both ways i guess. either way it does not matter to me////////////

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wave at everyone too, whether they wave back or not doesn't matter to me.....

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
ill wave at mopeds or scooters just to be nice. Who gives a shit it dont mean you wanna ride a scooter or buy a moped it means you are a decent person and offer a wave to a 2 wheeled brother regardless of bike type or CC displacement

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not to insult any Harley riders here but I gave up on waving to harley riders years ago. Maybe 1 out of 10 would wave back. I can't stand the fact that they think we are pieces of shit. I usually will stop if I see a rider stopped on the road if it looks like he/she needs a hand but if I see it's a H.D. I just keep on going, I could care less. I have had a bunch of experiences with H.D. riders that unfortunately make me feel this way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts