Sport Bikes banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive got a gopro hero 3 and only have 2 mounts so far. One centered at the top of my windscreen and one on my left side swingarm. Haven't really experimented with any other mounts/locations. Been pondering throwing a mount on my helmet for this year. Jury is still out on that though.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I never had any issues with the adhesive grips for my GoPro as i didn't have the suction cups. I had mounts on the top/left/right sides of my helmet, right side of my bike and on the gas tank through the windscreen. Never once had a problem with it falling off in the double digit speeds.

Now the suction cups on Garmin units, those blow.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I don't see the point in putting a camera on my bike. That said, here is a different place to mount.

Kind of boring but it does prove that above parking lot speed corners are turned mostly by lean.

·
Registered
859 Posts
very unique mounting place, have you ever been over a speed bump with that?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
very unique mounting place, have you ever been over a speed bump with that?
Not mine. I ran across it while looking for a video on bar ends. I thought it did a good job of debunking the MSF myth that lean angle has almost nothing to do with steering a motorcycle. The reality is that as speed goes up, bar input goes down. Unless a bike is so buggered up it needs a steering damper, above a certain speed, the bars are mostly for hanging on. turn the bars (forks) and bad things happen. At parking lot speeds, leaning does very little good. Lean too much and bad things happen.:sadpanda

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
I've never had a sticky mount fail, even on a trophy truck going off huge jumps in the desert. That said most trackday org's now require a secondary tether because they are getting sick of picking the things up off the track. They seem to come off all the time so obviously these things are NOT foolproof. In fact on friday I actually had one of my Go-Pro mounts snap in half at the track. Thankfully I had safety wired it on as a backup so I just ended up with 6 minutes of hilarious video of the bike from a cam that was flailing around on a tether.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts