Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What spots on the bike have you mounted your GoPro or other brand?

Post up pics if 'ya got 'em :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Tank, helmet (right side), anywhere on the fairing (using suction cup mount). My favorite is the tank, though. I like the cockpit feel of it, though this year I'll be switching to a clear windshield. Dark smoke + cloudy day makes me have to adjust shit around on the camera and in Vegas (post recording.) I'll be trying some fairing mounts this year, was tough last year with the SV and...lack of fairing.

Some mount via roll bar/handlebar mount on the handlebar (cruisers/nakeds) or the swingarm. Some rig a thin pipe up and have the cam on top of it for the high up-looking down view.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
^Never had a problem with stability, and even rigged a failsafe so that if it falls off it dangles on the wire I have instead of hitting the ground.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
It's not that but all the noise and turbulence. And you kinda look goofy. Then again, I'm still waiting for a kick-ass response in this thread that'll work for me, so maybe its not such a bad idea. It doesn't help that I have the go-pro type camera. I think i'm going to get the telescope type for my bike, but once the price drops a bit.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Original GoPro HD w/32GB sd card/Battery Bacpac.Four cameras.
Top of helmet,mounted front and rear.
Front facing on fork stem mount.
Rear facing on trimmed down 1/4-20 mount,off the left/rear tail mounting bolt,up in the handhold pocket.
At 65 MPH,barely noticeable wind resistance with one helmet mounted camera,surprisingly no more with second to the rear and,just starting to notice the weight.Same with head turned to look sideways.
Tried two more cameras on helmet,one on each side,mounted proportionately lower so the rear doors would open,for a week.Way too heavy and a huge strain when moving the helmet.Since removed!
Popping up from a full tuck at 150 is a neck snapper:not harmful,but not to be repeated!
Tethered both helmet mounted after owning the first one for a year and didn't like the idea of dropping $300 on the freeway during commute.Hit the freeway a month later.The rear mount broke off and dangled on the GoPro tether. The cameras came on at the shock of the helmet hitting the pavement!
Caught an over hanging branch with the rear helmet camera mount at a full speed walking pace and the mount wasn't disturbed.
Spent 9 months,sacrificed a windshield peeling mounts off of and bought a bunch of mounts/brackets to find/fabricate vibration free locations.Well worth it!
GoPro is the best!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It's not that but all the noise and turbulence. And you kinda look goofy. Then again, I'm still waiting for a kick-ass response in this thread that'll work for me, so maybe its not such a bad idea. It doesn't help that I have the go-pro type camera. I think i'm going to get the telescope type for my bike, but once the price drops a bit.
I see. I never worried about goofy looking with my Drift cameras and their fairly aerodynamic shape, no real turbulence, either. If by noise you mean maybe wind noise, I have that covered, too, with an external mic tucked in the bike.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Here are a couple of mine. I also like the suction cup on the tank and using a mount on the left swingarm. There are some sample videos as well. Some of these were taken prior to me figuring out some better settings.

I didn't care much for this location. Too much vibration.

This is from the rear swingarm mount.

This is from in front of the windscreen and under the tail.

This is from the suction cup on the gas tank.

This is from the mount on the fairing with suction cup.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i got one mounted on the tank and then one on the tail. also have a "roll bar" mount for the gopro and can put that on the sliders.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I had the main screw holding the camera housing to the arm come loose at a track day...very embarrassing....it didn't even fall but I noticed it on my tank on a lean...rolled into the pits witg it in my hamd.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
My gopro knockoffs came with 3m like adhesive mounts. I had it on my last bike and two helmets. That shit is stuck for good!

·
Registered
905 Posts
My suction mount may or may not have been tested up to 140 mph. It held on perfect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts