Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I need help and ideas from everybody once again. I blew the motor in my zx7 last year and I think I am going to get around to replacing the motor in the next month or so. I threw a rod in the front of the motor, thus needing a replacement. Minus purchasing a motor, what are some things to look for. Will it just be pull the old and install the new? Obviously, new oil as well, what else could happen or go wrong.....lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Get a factory repair manual, it tells you how to do it. Not trying to be a smart ass but it gives a step by step. That would be your best bet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a manual, replacing the motor is something Im not too concerned about. Its the unknown I guess that scares me. Purchasing a used motor, spending the time and money, and something still going wrong. Should I use the carbs that come with the motor, or the ones I already have on the blown motor, etc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
get a new starter or use the one from your old motor, because if the starter on the new motor goes bad you have to remove the motor to install a new one

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I am in the process of rebuilding my bike now. Bought a motor off ebay and have installed it, but not started yet. I will let you know how it goes once I finish wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts